Girls Party Ideas
Girl's Party Ideas Callout Links
Shop for Personalized Kids Birthday Invitations & FavorsKid’s Birthday Party Games
Shop for Kids Birthday Decorations & Party Supplies
Shop for Kids Birthday Decorations & Party Supplies
Kid’s Party Forum
Girl's Party Ideas Content Image
girls party themes
candyland theme party
girls party supplies
Girls Birthday Party IdeasHappy birthday to a special girl! Ready to plan a party just as special as the birthday girl? It's "Sam's Mom" here, resident kids birthday party expert and professional event planner for over 12 years. I thought I'd share some tips and suggestions for how to throw the best, more creative and least stressful birthday party for the birthday girl.
Your first step is to choose a theme for the party. Lots of girls have "favorites" that make it easy to choose a theme. This year we've already been to a Disney Princesses party, a Dora party and a Fancy Nancy party. Here are our girls party themes, and a few that work for everyone:
girl's party themes
themes for Everyone
|Pink Poodle in Paris||Circus|
|Hello Kitty||Outer Space|
|Ballerina||Yo Gabba Gabba!|
|Tea Party||sesame street
||Puppy Dog Party|
|Sweet Lady Bugs||Monkey Madness|
|High School Musical
Want to know how to plan a girls party? One of the easiest ways to plan is to take a look through our girls birthday party themes. We've searched through the products and created party plans to make your life as easy and your party as fun as possible.
Your party is sure to be great, but here a few tips to help with the planning.
- Talk to your child and see what they would like! You may be surprised at all their great ideas.
- Parties for young children, under the age of 5 should be kept to an hour and a half. For older kids, 2 hours is just fine.
- Depending on the location, be aware of the number of children you are inviting. A party hall can hold plenty of friends, but keep the numbers down to have a manageable party at home.
- You may not want to open presents at the party. It's hard for kids to watch someone else get all the loot!
girls Birthday Invitations
I have always loved party invitations. They are the first hint people get about the party you will be hosting. I always theme my invitations to the theme of the party we are hosting. It's super easy to find themed invitations. All of our birthday party themes have matching fill in the blank invitations. Easy as can be!
Party411 has a lot of wonderful invitations for kid's birthdays that can be customized! I love adding a photo to my invitations. Try a photo ticket invitation to invite everyone to a movie theme party or a princess castle invitation for your princess. Here are a few of our most popular designs... many of the photos on the samples are kids of Party411 event planners :)
I can't even begin to express how wonderful our custom caricature invitations are for a party. I did one for my younger son and it was such a hit. Truly a one of a kind invitation! Here are a few of my favorite designs:
We also have a great selection of personalized birthday invitations. There is a wide selection of theme invitations as well as fun birthday theme invites to choose from.
girls Birthday Decorations and Party Supplies
Birthday party decorations are so much fun! Start with bright colorful balloons and crepe paper and add pizazz to any space! Don't forget to mix in themed paper goods and decorations if you're having a theme party.
- Here are some must haves for a great birthday party:
- Personalized Banner - welcome everyone with a banner personalized for your patry! You can hang it outside to let everyone know where the party is, or hang it inside for a perfect wall decorations. Add your own wording, and many designs even let you include a picture.
- Balloons- A party staple! Make balloon bouquets from latex balloons in colors that coordinate with your theme. Add a Mylar balloon that matches the theme to each bunch if one is available. Always use an odd number of balloons to make the best looking bouquets. Don't forget the coordinating curling ribbon and the helium tank!
- Crepe Paper - There is nothing that screams birthday party as much as crepe paper streamers hung around a party room. High impact for a low cost - perfect!
- Theme Paper Goods - Themed paper goods are a must for any party. They double as decorations and the bonus of is that there are usually matching wall decorations, balloons and favors for the designs. Check out the party supplies for girls.
A perfectly set table is also a decoration! Here are some fun and simple ideas.
- Depending on the party favor I choose, sometimes I like to place them at the kids seats. Hats and other wearables can be enjoyed throughout the party, so I like the kids to get their hands on them early. T-shirts can be placed on the backs of chairs. Another cute favor for the table are personalized water bottles, which are especially good for parties where the kids will be running around (bounce houses, play centers).
- Set the table with paper goods that match your theme. Most styles have everything matching, from plats, to cups to tablecloths. Personally, I like to do one patterned plate, with coordinating solid color paper goods and a plain colored table cloth. I think it looks less busy, but it depends on your pattern... so it's up to you.
- Silverware can be set on napkins next to the plates like the picture above, or they can be wrapped in silverware bundles by rolling the silverware up in the napkin, and tying it closed with ribbon, or a party favor. For instance, try wrapping a candy necklace around your napkin and adding a piece of licorice and a lollipop. inside the necklace.
- Place snacks in bowls in the middle of the table, and sprinkle confetti or wrapped candies across the table top.
girls party Games
Your theme and location are key to choosing activities for a girls birthday party. If you choose a place that will entertain the kids, like a bounce house party place or an indoor playground facility you won't need to do anything for activities other than arrive ready to play. This makes the planning simple! Mail the invites, bring a cake and favors and you're done!
Here are some ideas that work for a theme party or a home party for girls:
- Dora's scavenger hunt - Perfect for a Dora the Explorer party or any girls party. Let the birthday girl help create a map for her friends to find prizes. A candy hunt is also great for a Candyland party.
- Fashion show - Gather an assortment of dress up clothes and let the girls put on a fashion show.
- Arts and crafts - Having a craft area is great fun for any party.
- Cupcake or cookie decorating - Set out frosting and sprinkles and let everyone create their own edible masterpiece.
- Coloring Castle - Any princess will love to decorate and play in this castle.
Try merging an activity and a theme all in one. For example, the photo below is from a candy theme pary. Set up a jelly bean recipe center or a candy buffet. (Don't forget goodie bags) The kids will have a blast with this activity! Or how about face painting for a princess party or a Fancy Nancy party? What fun!
We also have a great list of kids birthday party games to help with the planning.
girls Birthday party Favors
Everyone loves a good favor and I'm no exception. I've loved choosing the perfect favors for Sam's birthday parties. One of my favorite favors we have given is a personalized CDs with my children's favorite songs. I even used the caricature from our invitation on the cover. Everyone loved them. Here are some of my favorite birthday party favor ideas:
- Coloring books with crayons - a classic and you can often find books to match your theme. (DIY and print matching coloring pages you find online)
- Personalized lollipops - kids LOVE candy and a giant lollipop personalized from a friend's party can't be beat!
- Play doh and bubbles - perfect for younger kids
- Candy and snacks - I always add in themed candy or snacks to our goodie bags. Princess fruit snacks or Minnie Mouse Pez.
Of course, I love personalized party supplies. I make sure all the favors we create go home in a special personalized bag. I'm so excited that Party411.com now has personalized favor bags with many designs matching our favorite themes.
No matter what, have a great time planning a very special day for a very special girl!