Girls Party Ideas
Girl's Party Ideas Callout Links
Shop for Kids Birthday Decorations & Party Supplies
Girl's Party Ideas Content Image
Girls Birthday Party Ideas
Happy birthday to a special girl! Ready to plan a party just as special as the birthday girl? It's "Sam's Mom" here, resident kids birthday party expert and professional event planner for over 12 years. I thought I'd share some tips and suggestions for how to throw the best, more creative and least stressful birthday party for the birthday girl.
girl's party themes
themes for Everyone
|Pink Poodle in Paris||Circus|
|Hello Kitty||Outer Space|
|Ballerina||Yo Gabba Gabba!|
|Tea Party||sesame street|
|Justin Bieber||Puppy Dog Party|
|Sweet Lady Bugs||Monkey Madness|
|High School Musical||Bowling|
- Talk to your child and see what they would like! You may be surprised at all their great ideas.
- Parties for young children, under the age of 5 should be kept to an hour and a half. For older kids, 2 hours is just fine.
- Depending on the location, be aware of the number of children you are inviting. A party hall can hold plenty of friends, but keep the numbers down to have a manageable party at home.
- You may not want to open presents at the party. It's hard for kids to watch someone else get all the loot!
- Here are some must haves for a great birthday party:
- Personalized Banner - welcome everyone with a banner personalized for your patry! You can hang it outside to let everyone know where the party is, or hang it inside for a perfect wall decorations. Add your own wording, and many designs even let you include a picture.
- Balloons- A party staple! Make balloon bouquets from latex balloons in colors that coordinate with your theme. Add a Mylar balloon that matches the theme to each bunch if one is available. Always use an odd number of balloons to make the best looking bouquets. Don't forget the coordinating curling ribbon and the helium tank!
- Crepe Paper - There is nothing that screams birthday party as much as crepe paper streamers hung around a party room. High impact for a low cost - perfect!
- Theme Paper Goods - Themed paper goods are a must for any party. They double as decorations and the bonus of is that there are usually matching wall decorations, balloons and favors for the designs. Check out the party supplies for girls.
- Depending on the party favor I choose, sometimes I like to place them at the kids seats. Hats and other wearables can be enjoyed throughout the party, so I like the kids to get their hands on them early. T-shirts can be placed on the backs of chairs. Another cute favor for the table are personalized water bottles, which are especially good for parties where the kids will be running around (bounce houses, play centers).
- Set the table with paper goods that match your theme. Most styles have everything matching, from plats, to cups to tablecloths. Personally, I like to do one patterned plate, with coordinating solid color paper goods and a plain colored table cloth. I think it looks less busy, but it depends on your pattern... so it's up to you.
- Silverware can be set on napkins next to the plates like the picture above, or they can be wrapped in silverware bundles by rolling the silverware up in the napkin, and tying it closed with ribbon, or a party favor. For instance, try wrapping a candy necklace around your napkin and adding a piece of licorice and a lollipop. inside the necklace.
- Place snacks in bowls in the middle of the table, and sprinkle confetti or wrapped candies across the table top.
- Dora's scavenger hunt - Perfect for a Dora the Explorer party or any girls party. Let the birthday girl help create a map for her friends to find prizes. A candy hunt is also great for a Candyland party.
- Fashion show - Gather an assortment of dress up clothes and let the girls put on a fashion show.
- Arts and crafts - Having a craft area is great fun for any party.
- Cupcake or cookie decorating - Set out frosting and sprinkles and let everyone create their own edible masterpiece.
- Coloring Castle - Any princess will love to decorate and play in this castle.
- Coloring books with crayons - a classic and you can often find books to match your theme. (DIY and print matching coloring pages you find online)
- Personalized lollipops - kids LOVE candy and a giant lollipop personalized from a friend's party can't be beat!
- Play doh and bubbles - perfect for younger kids
- Candy and snacks - I always add in themed candy or snacks to our goodie bags. Princess fruit snacks or Minnie Mouse Pez.