Candyland Birthday Party
We think Candyland is the best game ever! We also think it makes a fun, sweet, and yummy birthday party. So, plan a Candyland theme birthday party and it will have your guests shouting "Goody Goody Gumdrops!"
There is also a fun personalized Candyland theme candy bar wrapper that can be used as an invitation. You'll want to mail it in a padded envelope. Imagine how excited the kids will be when they are invited to a birthday party and the invitation is made of chocolate!
No matter what invitation you choose, include a sheet of Candyland stickers in each invitation to get the kids even more excited for the party.
- Start your decorations outside! If the weather is nice, use sidewalk chalk to draw a Candyland inspired board game leading up to the house or the party. Just draw big colored squares and add hearts, swirls, lollipops or other candy shapes to a few of the squares. Your kids will love helping with this!
- If you've got an area leading to the party that is inside, cut large circles out of different colored cardstock. You and the kids can decorate those as well. Just tape them to the floor.
- Line the walkway with Large Plastic Candy Canes
- Once you are inside, a personalized Candyland banner is a great way to welcome your guests to the party. Hang it at the entrance to the party.
- Just inside have life size Candyland cutout of Lolly (with your child's face!) welcoming your guests. You can even personalize them with a speech bubble.
- Create your own candy balloon display for your party and make everyone feel like they are in Candyland! Take round latex balloons and twist them inside large sheets of colored cellophane. Twist and tie the ends to look like candy. These balloon candies can be hung from the ceiling, used on tables or scattered on the floor around the party.
- Balloon bouquets are great fun and work perfectly for such a bright and fun party. Mix candy Mylar balloons with an assortment of brightly colored latex balloons and create balloon bouquets for around the room. You can also use the Candyland board game (in the box) as a base for your balloons.
Decorate each area of the party based on the different sections of the Candyland board game. You don't need to use all of these ideas, pick and choose what works best for your space, budget and group -
- Gingerbread House Standee or Gingerbread Standees - the perfect decoration for this area! Great for photo ops.
- Build a Gingerbread House - Set out graham cracker squares, icing, various candies for decorating, disposable plates and knives so the kids can build their own gingerbread houses! Place little candies in Gingerbread baking cups.
- Decorate a gingerbread man or woman - Set up a decorating area for the kids to add icing and candies to prebaked gingerbread people.
- Gingerbread Man Sticker Activity - An easy activity that is not as messy as real gingerbread!
- Why not set up a chocolate fountain at Chocolate mountain?
- Sweet Candy Wall Decals - These are perfect accents all around your party room!
- Lollipop Chair Covers - Make your tables Lollipop Woods with these adorable chair covers!
- Sweet Lollipop Sticks - These are wonderful decorations and cute for a group photo op.
- Sweet Lollipop Walkway
- Star Lollipops - Cute favors and table decorations
- Large Stick Twist Lollipops
- Inflatable Lollipops - Hang these for the ceiling!
- Ice Castle Standee - An amazing photo op and decoration for a Candyland party!
- Iridescent Cracked Ice Streamers - perfect for decorating the Ice Palace
- Ice Castle Gate - You can make the Ice Palace a different room or even the entrance to your party with these gates.
- Snowflake Linking Balloons - Create an easy balloon arch with these snowflake balloons.
- Glitter Snowflake Centerpiece - Great for the tables
Ice Cream Slopes
- This is the perfect spot to have a sundae bar!
- Ice Cream Cone Standee Set
- Arctic Ice Mountain Backgound
- Add white Christmas lights to this area for a little glow and sparkle
And, you know the cards that come with the Candyland game? They make great confetti! Another great idea for confetti? Real gumdrops! You can get them at any drug store or candy store. Personalized swirl lollipops also make great confetti on the table. You can also get candy from a local drug store to scatter on the table. Set a bag of cotton candy at each place...or save them for dessert and set up a big display of the fun pink bags.
For dessert, have a "candy bar". I don't mean an actual bar of chocolate, but a large table filled with bags, jars and bowls and absolute mountains of all kinds of candy. We recommend wrapped candy and chocolates. (And, please be aware of any allergies before buying your candy.) Each guest may fill a small bag full of candy from this table. Eat some candy for dessert and take the rest home for a favor.
NAME THAT CANDY
We love these ideas for favors at a Candyland theme party:
- Rainbow sidewalk chalk
- Candyland, the game - you can get this at your local toy store or Target
- Personalized mint tins - filled with candy
- Rainbow Swirl Lollipops
- Ice Cream Keychain Lip Gloss
- Ice Cream Bubbles
Have fun! We're sure your Candy land theme party will be SWEET! While you're planning, enjoy some pictures of a Candyland party that we planned at Party411.com.