Retirement Party Ideas
"No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks!" I forget who said it first, but I still hear kids saying it to this day as the final school bell rings, signaling the first moment of the freedom of summer! I think this is how a retiree must feel on that last day of work. This kind of feeling deserves a great retirement party! We have some fun ideas for a retirement party. These retirement party ideas will help you plan the perfect theme party for the occasion
Retirement Party Invitations
- Custom Retirement Party Invitation - works for anyone and it's very fun!
- Golf Theme Retirement Invitation - perfect for the retiree that will spend their free time on the links!
- On the Beach Retirement Invitation - It's all about relaxing, right? Here is an invite the gives that peaceful feeling.
Retirement Party Decorations
- Custom Retirement Banner - personalized so that the guest of honor feels like a star
- Retirement Party Paper Goods - paper places are useful and add to the party atmosphere
- Retirement Ceiling Swirls - we love these... instant party in any room
- Balloon Bouquets - balloons are always a great choice (odd number groupings look best)
- Retirement Centerpieces or Star Centerpieces - great for the tables and the food table
- Star Confetti - sprinkle this on the tables for extra oomph
Retirement Games and Activities
- The Best is Yet To Come - Frank Sinatra
- Manic Monday - The Bangles
- Takin' Care of Business - BTO
- I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DC
- 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
- Bang on the Drum - Todd Rundgren
- We Are Family- Sister Sledge
- Stayin' Alive- Bee Gees
- You're Still The One - Shania Twain
- Nobody Does It Better - Carly Simon
- Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
- Everybody's Working For The Weekend - Loverboy
Name the New Hobby - Divide the guests into a few groups. Give each group a piece of paper with the letters of the entire alphabet down the side of the paper. Next to each letter, they need to write an activity that the retirees can do that begins with each letter. (Example: Ape watching, Bingo, Car washing, etc.) (Give everyone about 10-15 minutes). When the time is up, call out one group's answers. If another group has the same answer then it gets crossed out. The most unique answers for each letter (that no one else has) get a point. The team with the most points wins! (If no one finishes the entire alphabet, that is OK).
Retirement Party Favors/Prizes
- Personalized candy bar wrapper - a sweet and custom favor idea
- Picture frames - this way they can keep the guest of honor with them at all times.
- Mini address books - with the retiree's address already written in so that everyone can keep in touch
- Work Sucks Lollipop - a funny favor everyone will get a good chuckle from
Have a happy retirement!