Shop for Kids Birthday Decorations & Party Supplies
1st Birthday Party Ideas
We’ve put together a list of fun 1st birthday party themes you can use for your child’s first birthday party. We know that while the first birthday party is special you don’t have much time for planning. So we we kept the parties as simple as possible to make your life a little easier.
1st birthday party themes
1st birthday party invitations
Once you have your theme, pick a fun invitation. You can buy invitations that match your theme or personalize your kid’s party invitation. Another option is to pick up one at a local store or make your own!
See All kid's Birthday Invitations and Party Favors
When picking a location you really have three choices.
1. Home – Inside. That one year old needs nap time so we think travelling to a restaurant or park is a little too much. Have your party at home and if that little one closes their eyes, no problem. These are usually family parties so setting up in the same room you have most of your family parties will work fine.
2. Home – Outside. My favorite for a summer party. Your guests will enjoy the weather and the baby will like crawling in the grass. Make sure you have options if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
For most young kid’s the decorations aren’t that big of a deal. The theme matching paper goods and party supplies should take care of most of it. Throw in some balloons of course. We have put together a birthday party planning checklist to help with your planning.
|Kid's Party Balloons|
- Personalized Banner - a great party welcome! You can hang it outside to let everyone know where the party is, or hang it inside for a perfect wall decoration. Add your own wording, and many designs even let you include a picture.
- Balloons are a party staple! Make balloon bouquets from latex balloons in colors that coordinate with your theme. Add a Mylar balloon that matches the theme to each bunch if one is available. Always use an odd number of balloons to make the best looking bouquets. Don't forget the coordinating curling ribbon and the helium tank!
- Crepe Paper - There is nothing that screams birthday party as much as crepe paper streamers hung around a party room. High impact for a low cost - perfect!
1st birthday party games & activities
You always have to have some games. Depending on how old the cousins are you might have a lot of children over. Kid’s love to run around so you might as well organize the mayhem. For a great selection of kid’s birthday party games.
kid’s birthday party favors
If you think throwing a birthday party is work, did you realize you will do 7,300 diaper changes by baby's 2nd birthday. Of course, Dad’s are faster at diaper changing. Moms take 2 minutes, 5 seconds vs. 1 minute, 36 seconds for dads.