Lady Bugs…A Summer Time Kids Party!
What little girl wouldn’t want a ladybug birthday party with her face on LadyBug invitations, LadyBug plates, LadyBug centerpieces and LadyBug favor boxes? Not to mention all the summer fun that goes with it? Not a one. And, by the way, ladybugs are good luck! So plan a ladybug theme birthday party for your cute bug's birthday.
We have two wonderful ladybug themes for decorations and paper goods. Our sweet ladybugs theme is fun and bright with pink, lime green and purple. And our traditional ladybug theme is fun with black, red and white. Don't forget to look through our decorating pages for all of our ladybug decor!
Lady Bugs…Oh So Sweet Invitations
Start with a fun personalized ladybug theme invitation that is perfect for this theme birthday party. Add some extra pizzazz to the envelopes with ladybug stickers (the little ones can help with this part).
You can use a very cute and simple LadyBug fill-in-the-blank invitation! Just fill out your party information and you're ready to go. Better yet, the LadyBug personalized invitations have your child’s photo right on the invitation!
You can even get personalized stamps with your child's photo…what will they think of next?
Get The Kids Involved: Make your own invitations by cutting out color copies of a ladybug and adding a bit of glitter to her wings or sequins to those fun little dots. You can have your choice by searching ladybug illustrations on the internet and picking one that looks like it will fun and easy to decorate!
Lady Bugs…Oh So Sweet Decorations and Party Supplies
You may want to rent a room at the zoo or turn your patio (weather permitting) or den into a garden where ladybugs abound. Gather your plants and flowers to create a great atmosphere for this event.
Lady Bugs…Oh So Sweet Table Decorations and Menu
The table should be your focal point for this party because it can just be soooo cute.
- LadyBugs…Oh So Sweet papergoods or ladybug paper goods are a MUST. We love the cute ladybug centerpiece!
- Using lime green and pink crepe paper, make a two-color bow around each chair with ends hanging down (like wings). Black and red crepe paper work as well!
- Scatter heart-shaped confetti all over the table to “glitter” it up.
- You can serve a simple ladybug lunch, of course, but let’s not forget some fun appetizers. Cut pieces of cheese in the shape of ladybugs and pass them as your guests arrive with LadyBug food picks coming out of each one. What better way to start the fun? Don't forget personalized ladybug water bottle labels for your guests!
Of course, you’ll want a ladybug shaped cake! Consider it done with our LadyBug cake pan. Decorate it with pink frosting and black licorice dots with black shoelace licorice for the antennae. Around the base, place foil-wrapped chocolate ladybugs as an extra treat.
LadyBug…Oh So Sweet Games and Activities
Activities are especially important for kids parties. And be sure to check out our Kids Birthday Party Games for more great ideas!
- LadyBug Bean Bag Toss
- Pin the Dot on the Ladybug—cut out a big ladybug or use one of the wall decals; cut out black dots to place on the ladybug’s wings (use tape instead of pins!). No kidding.
LadyBugs…Oh So Sweet Party Favors
Since by the end of the party everyone will know lady bugs are good luck, send them home with favors that will remind them how lucky they were to celebrate with you!
- A ladybug theme personalized candy bar with either dark or milk chocolate. Yum!
- The Lady Bugs…Oh So Sweet Favor Box is filled with goodies and we can personalize it with a LadyBug candy bar all about your child with a photo and more.
- LadyBug stickers or sweet ladybug stickers.
- A cupcake that looks suspiciously like a ladybug!
- A cello bag full of red and black jelly beans.
- Ladybug personalized mint tins.
- Ladybug Habitat Kit (you can find these online)
Everyone will feel lucky they were invited as soon as they walk in the door—ladybugs or not!
And we don’t have to wish you good luck…just put a ladybug on your shoulder and consider it done.