Mexican Fiesta Party Ideas
Ole! One of our favorite themes is that Southwestern thing. It's easy to do and there is a never-ending supply of great party items that go with this theme. Grab your hat and shuffle on south to celebrate with these fiesta party ideas!
Fiesta Theme Invitations
For a fun and colorful invitation, roll up the details of the party in a piece of colorful paper and tie it with a fiesta bandana. Let your guests know that the bandana must be worn in order to gain admittance into the fiesta party.
- Seniors and Senoritas, join us for margaritas and fajitas!
- Nacho Average Birthday Party!
- Lots of Margaritas, a little salt and lime, Cinco de Mayo... It's Party Time!
- One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Four... Brian is 39 no more!
- You won't have to go South of the Border for our Fiesta!
- Grab your sombreros for fajitas, margaritas and more!
- Julie's Still Hot, Hot, HOT! Join us in Celebrating her 30th Birthday!
- Join us for chip dips and margarita sips as we celebrate Tom's 50th Birthday with a Fiesta!
- Come and Shake your maracas at Amy's Sweet 16 Fiesta!
- After this Fiesta you'll need a Siesta!
We like hanging a fiesta banner on the house so everyone knows where the party is!
You certainly want to set the scene so think about some great Scene Setters ranging from fiesta desert flowers or a fiesta big sky scene. One of these is sure to fit in your room. Use a fiesta mariachi band to complete the scene and your party is off to a great start. Music plays a big part in setting the mood so have fiesta music in the background throughout the party.
Hang strings of fiesta lights all over the place. Hang red, white and green balloons to add to the festive atmosphere. Colorful handmade blankets from Mexico make fabulous wall decorations, as do large sombreros donning ornate colors and sequins.
Fiesta Table Decorations and Menu
Decorate each table with colorful fiesta theme paper goods and tie the napkins with raffia dyed red or green. Add a light up margarita glass to each place setting or set them up at the buffet! Trim the table with fiesta tinsel garland and you have a great table!
Small vases in a variety of colors make wonderful centerpieces when they're filled with fiesta flowers. Wrap your napkins in colorful beads for a wonderful table accent.
One of our favorite fiesta party ideas? Have your guests let loose and shake their maracas! Well now is your chance! Place a few sets of maracas throughout each table (or as a centerpiece depending on the size of the table). Encourage your guests to shake the maracas every time they hear a certain song or word during the evening. This makes for fun entertainment as well as nice decoration which adds up to a muy bien table.
Fiesta Games and Activities
Teach everyone to do the Macarena or the Mexican Hat Dance and have a contest to see who is the best dancer.
Hang a bull pinata and let everyone have a turn trying to knock it to the ground.
Limbo - Play some fun music while your friends stand in line waiting to bend backwards low enough to fit under the limbo stick (broom handle, yardstick, etc.). In order to win, the limbo master must not touch the stick or fall on the floor while limbo-ing under the stick (which is usually held by 2 people).
See our Mexican Fiesta Party Games for more great ideas!
Fiesta Party Favors
As each guest enters the party, take his/her picture with a sombrero on their head. You can even get child size sombreros. This picture is a nice party favor at the end of the fiesta. Inexpensive frames to protect the pictures can be found at most discount stores and are easily decorated with paint pens for a festive look.
- Give each guest his/her own sombrero to take home as a remembrance of your fabulous Cinco de Mayo fiesta.
- Give each guest their own candy bar wrapped in one of our personalized fiesta candy bar wrappers. Guests will love the chocolate at the end of your party.
- Let your guests take home a personalized fiesta mint tin. Your guests will pull out the tin and look back at your party, and it will bring a smile to their face!
- For a sweet fiesta party favor, give your guests a personalized fiesta lollipop. These big lollipops are sure to bring a smile to your guests' faces.