Fiesta Party Food
Fiesta Party Recipes
Spice up your party with some great Fiesta recipes!
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup sugar, super fine
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 bottles sparkling wine or cava, chilled
- In a large pitcher, combine the brandy, and orange liqueur.
- Pour in the sugar, stir or shake the pitcher thoroughly to mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Add all the fruit at once.
- Add the cava and serve as is or on ice.
Frozen Cactus Pear Margaritas
- 9 ounces white tequila
- 4 ounces orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Cointreau)
- 4 ounces cactus pear juice , plus more for the rim
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- Coarse salt, optional
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Place tequila, orange liqueur, cactus pear juice, lime juice,
and ice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour a few ounces of cactus pear juice onto a plate
and a few ounces of salt onto another plate.
- Dip the rim of each margarita glass into the juice and then into
- Pour margaritas into each glass and garnish with a lime wedge.
- 1 pound bag frozen pitted cherries
- 2 cups crushed ice, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 cup citrus flavored rum
- 1 2/3 cups Lime Simple Syrup , recipe follows
- Lime wedges and fresh cherries, for garnish
- Place the frozen cherries, crushed ice, mint leaves, lime juice, rum, and simple syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into chilled glasses and top with crushed ice. Garnish with lime wedges and cherries.
- Lime Simple Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 limes, zested
- 1/2 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 avocados mashed with a pinch of salt and lemon juice , or 1 container guacamole dip
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup scallion, green part only, sliced or snipped with scissors
- 2 cups chopped black olives
- 2 bags tortilla chips
- Blend taco mix into sour cream and refrigerate for at least an
hour or up to several hours.
- On an oversized platter layer the avocado on the bottom,
bringing it almost to the platter rim.
- Top with the sour cream mixture, making a smaller ring.
- Sprinkle on the Monterey Jack cheese, then the cheddar cheese.
Next layer the olives, followed by the tomatoes and top with the
- Serve with chips to scoop.
7 layer dip
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Extra-virgin olive oil , for drizzling
- 4 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (16 to 18 ounce) jar green chili or tomatillo salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, a palm full, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2/3 palm full
- 1 (16 to 18 ounce) jar chipotle salsa
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- Pimiento stuffed jumbo Spanish olives, chopped
- Tortilla chips , buy 2 sacks in 2 different colors/varieties
- Heat refried beans in small nonstick pan over medium heat and season with hot sauce. Transfer the beans to a small, deep casserole dish. Scrape pan clean with rubber spatula and return to heat.
- Add a little extra-virgin olive oil to the pan and raise heat to high. When the oil smokes, add the scallions and sear them, 2 to 3 minutes. Add green salsa to scallions and heat through. Add cilantro, remove salsa from heat, and layer on top of the beans.
- Return the same pan to the stove, lower heat to medium and add black beans, heat through and season with cumin, layer on top of the green salsa.
- Top the black beans with a layer of chipotle salsa. Mix sour cream the lime zest and juice and spread on top of the chipotle salsa.
- Combine the meat of 2 ripe avocados with garlic, lemon juice, jalapeno and salt to form a chunky guacamole. Top the salsa with guacamole. Garnish the dip with the final layer of diced tomatoes and sliced olives.
Over the Top Nachos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced
- In a large frying pan, brown ground beef with onion, salt and pepper over medium heat. Break the meat into very small pieces while it is cooking. After the meat is thoroughly cooked, drain off the grease.
- Arrange chips on a microwavable platter. Spread beans over the chips. Layer with 1/2 of the cheese, the ground beef mixture, and remaining cheese. Arrange jalapeno peppers on top.
- Microwave on medium-high until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Beef Taco Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup (Regular or 25% Less Sodium)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook beef in 10-inch skillet until well browned, stirring to break up meat. Pour off fat.
- Stir in soup, salsa, water, tortillas. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes Stir. Top with cheese.
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup grated Cheddar (about 4 ounces)
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Holy Guacamole
- Place 1 tortilla on a flat work surface, cover it evenly with 1/4 cup of each of the cheeses, and top with 1 teaspoon of the chopped onion. Cover with the second tortilla and rub 1/2 teaspoon of the oil onto the top tortilla. Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas; you will have 4 stuffed tortilla "sandwiches" in all.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the remaining oil to the pan and use a large turner to carefully transfer 1 of the stuffed tortillas to the hot pan, ungreased side down. Cook until the bottom is just golden and the cheese is starting to melt, about 2 to 3 minutes. Gently turn with the turner and cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until golden brown on the second side. Using the turner, remove the quesadilla from the pan, place on a cutting board, and slice with a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and ingredients and serve immediately with about 2 tablespoons of Simple Salsa and a dollop of Holy Guacamole.
- Be careful flipping your hot quesadilla and cutting the hot tortilla; hot cheese can stick!
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken (white meat only, no fat)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup lime juice, plus 1 lime, zested
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tomato, cored, cut into 6 to 8 wedges
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3/4 cup cooked canned, white beans or black beans, (fat free, sugar free) rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (16-ounce) jar sugar free, fat free tomato salsa
- 16 baked taco chips
- 4 pickled jalapenos
- In a medium saute pan over medium high heat, cook onions in 1 to 2 tablespoons water until softened and cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cook covered, stirring once or twice, add more water if necessary to keep onions from burning. Add chicken meat, and cook until crumbly and golden, about 7 to 9 minutes. Add citrus juice, zest, and taco seasoning mix, stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange lettuce on large platter with remaining ingredients. Top with chicken, garnish with baked chips and jalapenos.
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 2 fresh jalapenos, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Essence recipe
- Preheat the fryer to 365 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the
cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, hot sauce, onions, and jalapenos,
together. Stir in the eggs and milk. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Fry 1 tablespoon of the batter at a time. Fry the hushpuppies
for 2-3 minutes or until they are golden brown. Stirring constantly will
ensure over-all browning.
- Remove from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season with Essence.
Fiesta Pear Dessert
- 4 Bartlett pears, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- To Prepare Tortilla Shells: In a deep fryer bring oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place one tortilla in the hot oil gently pressing the center with a wooden spoon or ladle until the tortilla forms a cup. Gently turn and fry each tortilla separately until golden brown on both sides.
- Combine pears, sugar, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and lemon zest. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; cook 1 minute longer. Let mixture cool.
- Combine cookie crumbs, pecans and remaining cinnamon. Form ice cream into 4 - 6 balls; roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- Place an ice cream ball in each fried tortilla shell. Top with the cooled pear mixture. Fried tortilla shells can be brushed with honey and dusted with ground cinnamon and sugar before filling, if desired.