Mardi Gras Super Bowl
The perfect theme for your Super Bowl party is Mardi Gras! Two of the most festive holidays of the year can now be celebrated with one big bash! Your guests will love this Mardi Gras Super Bowl party and these festive New Orleans theme Super Bowl party ideas. Super Sunday meets the Big Easy!
Mardi Gras Super Bowl Invitations
- Super Bowl invitations are great with football themes
- Mardi Gras invitations have the Mardi Gras feel
- Even better, we've got a personalized Mardi Gras Super Bowl Invitation!
- Or choose a football ticket invitation in green, purple or yellow to match the Mardi Gras colors.
- The Krewe of Strawders invites y'all to join us for a Mardi Gras Super Bowl Ball!
- Super Sunday meets Fat Tuesday... it's the next best thing to being there!
- Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler on Super Bowl Sunday!
- Join us for Beads, King Cake, Cajun Food and Football!
Mardi Gras Super Bowl Decorations and Party Supplies
This is a great party because you can really mix Super Bowl decorations and Mardi Gras decorations! Any combination will work as long as you've got a good mix of football and Mardi Gras. Set up a display of Mardi Gras beads with a football sitting in the middle. Or use football candles on the top of a king cake. You get the idea!
- Inside you're guests will LOVE a personalized Mardi Gras Football player cutout with your face and a speech bubble welcoming them to Mardi Gras and Super Bowl.
- ...or get the photo op for your guests!
- BEADS! Nothing screams Mardi Gras more than beads, so greet your guests with football beads. Pile more beads in team colors (or purple, green and gold) on the tables, drape them over curtain rods, sling them over light fixtures, and make sure there are plenty for your guests.
Here are a few more of our favorite Mardi Gras and Football decorations that are perfect for mixing and matching. Use what works for you!
- Football dangles - Get a pack or two and hang them from the ceiling
- Football lights and Mardi Gras garland - Great for stringing around the party or across a buffet table
- Football confetti and gold coins - Mix them together and sprinkle them on your tables
- Gold, green and purple Mylar football balloons - Use two of each color and one football to make fantastic balloon bouquets
By combining these two fantastic themes, you can't go wrong!
Super Bowl Party Menu and Table Decorations
This is a casual party, so paper goods are perfect. We've got football party paper goods and Mardi Gras paper goods. I personally love the Super Bowl paper goods. I'd use these for dinner and and use the Mardi Gras napkins and small plates for appetizers and snacks.
Set the table with a grass field tablecover. Centerpieces can be Mardi Gras jester hats with a lime green boa wrapped around the base. You can put an inflatable football in the center of the hat, or have latex and Mylar balloons coming out of the center.
- Shrimp & Crab appetizers - think things that are easy to eat on the go, like shrimp skewers, shrimp dip, shrimp cocktail, crab dip or crab cakes
- Easy one pot meals like Gumbo or Jambalaya
- Red beans and rice
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- King Cake for dessert
- Get the Pat O’Brien’s Hurricane Mix. It’s been a staple in New Orleans and at Mardi Gras parties since World War II.
- You should also personalize your beer bottles (a must for Mardi Gras AND Super Bowl) with a personalized Mardi Gras Super Bowl beer bottle label!
A Super Bowl Pool Board betting game is perfect for your Super Bowl 50 party. Use ours or create your own. Here's how it works:
- Sell each square on the grid for a set amount of money. Play big or small.
- Numbers 0-9 are assigned randomly across the rows and down the columns after bets are places and squares are bought. (Draw out of a hat for the order of numbers for each row and column)
- The numbers beside each team name represent the last digit in the score for that team. For example, if the score were "AFC team 14- NFC team 3", then who ever's name is in the square under the "4" of the AFC team and the "3" of NFC would win.
The betting board is a great way to keep people interested in the game! You should also check out our Super Bowl Games and Activities and Mardi Gras Party Games for some fun ways to entertain your guests!
Super Bowl Party Favors
At the end of the game, pass out a personalized Mardi Gras Super Bowl Candy Bar to thank everyone for attending. And since the party would not have been the same without your guests, crown them King or Queen with a Kings Crown or a Queens Crown!
Other fun favors include New Orleans classics... Moon Pies, Tabasco Sauce, or Chocolate Coins (doubloons) will all be appreciated!