Tiki Luau Theme Party
Tiki is a fun twist on a traditional Hawaiian luau theme party. This theme is full of Polynesian flair. Celebrate the easy way with a step-by-step Tiki theme party!
1. Send Your Tiki Luau Invitation
- Personalize Your Party! Send a fantastic invitation that will get your guests excited to come and party Hawaiian style! A Personalized Tiki Luau Invitation with an island feel that features a Tiki is perfect.
- To add excitement to your invitation mail it in a padded envelope with a plastic lei! That will really wow everyone!
- Don't forget to convey to your guests on the invites that they must come in tropical party clothes or no admittance!
Here are some fun tiki theme wording ideas that you can use on your invites, or even a party banner -
- Join us for a Tiki-rific 40th Birthday Party!
- The Big Kahuna commands "Tiki Time!" Dress code is Tacky Tourist (go ahead, show us your worst!)
- Don't anger the Tiki God! Come party with us for Jim's 60th birthday!
- Join us for a "Lei'd Back" Tiki Party!
- Cleveland Foundation Annual Fundraiser Tiki Party! Join us for a tropical night of exceptional food, drinks and fun!
- The torches are lit, the theme is set... we're having a luau you'll never forget!
2. Decorate Your Home with Tiki Party Supplies
- Greet guests to your Hawaiian luau party with a Custom Tiki Welcome Banner and a few balloon bouquets flanking the walk or drive!
- Line the front walk with lit Tiki Torches for a fantastic entrance. You can use more torches to define the outdoor party space by placing them around the perimeter of the yard.
- Use tropical Scene Setters to decorate your walls and give the space some Polynesian flair! If your area is big enough consider a Beach Scene Setter to create an island vibe.
- Three words - Inflatable Palm Tree! What can't you decorate with these? Place a few at the entrance, string your banner up between them, or use them to flank the buffet. Put ice and drinks in the bottom!
- Luau Deck Fringe with Hibiscus Flowers is perfect for the outside. Combine it with a string of white twinkle lights and you have fun mood lighting!
- Tiki Tiki! Add more Tiki fun to your party with a Tiki Bubble Machine.
3. Set Your Table with Tiki Paper Goods
- Keep it simple with fun paper goods; from matching plates, napkins, cups, trays and even table covers you will find everything you need.
- Decorate the buffet with a Raffia Table Skirt, it will be one of your WOW decorations!
- An inflatable cooler at the end of the buffet filled with ice and bottled drinks is the perfect way for your guests to grab a beverage.
- Accent your tables with lighting by using citronella candles as centerpieces. Alternate colors on the tables for a great look.
- Can't have fire on the tables? Use balloons instead.
4. Don't forget the Tiki Themed Bar!
- If you don't have a "bar" to use, just set up a high table and cover it with a tablecloth. Decorate it with a grass table skirt and set out some Tiki theme beverage napkins from your paper goods.
- Rent a slushie machine and serve frozen drinks with tiny umbrellas! If you can't swing a drink machine, buy the tubs of pre-mixed margaritas and then serve the drinks in fantastic luau themed glasses.
- Other great drinks for a tiki party:
- Pina Colada
- Blue Hawaiian
- Mai Tai
- Fruit Daiquiris
- Rum Punch
- You should also offer non-alcoholic drink for your guests. Bottled water is an acceptable option, especially with Personalized Tiki Water Bottle Labels. Cans of Tahitian Treat Fruit Punch are a must!
- Here are the best party supplies for your Tiki theme bar:
5. Arrange Fun Hawaiian Luau Party Games
- Need more ideas for your Hawaiin Luau? I would start with a hula dance contest. There's sure to be a picture or two there!
- A Tiki Pinata is a perfect luau party activity!
- Have someone set up a face painting area and give everyone a fun Tiki face!
- Photo Ops are a great way to really capture your guests in the party moment!
- Check out more great Luau Party Games for your Tiki party.
6. Hand Out Favors to Say "Thanks for coming!"
- These are our favorite luau wearables, hand them out to guests during the party -
- Another fun idea is to give out small packages of drink mixes. Add a custom label thanking your guests for attending.
- Personalize Your Party! A great way to send them off is with a sweet message on Personalized Tiki Luau Mint Tin.
- Guests will also love a sweet message on a Personalized Tiki Luau Candy Bar wrapper.
These are all great ways to thank your guests for coming, of course they might be thanking you for throwing such a great tiki party