80th Birthday Party Ideas
- "King/Queen of Hearts" or "Crazy 80's" - Casino Theme Party Ideas
- "Aloha 80!" or "Having a Hula've good time at 80" - Luau Theme Party Ideas
- "Nacho Ordinary 80th Birthday" - Fiesta Theme Party Ideas
- "Having a Ball at 80!" or "80 and Still Swinging!" - Baseball Theme Party Ideas
- "Over the Hill and Taking on the Back 9!", or "On Par at 80!" - Golf Theme Party Ideas
80th Birthday Party Invitations
- 80th Birthday Invitations - Our most popular 80th birthday invites... add pictures and customize the wording for the event!
- Ticket Invitations - Unique invitations that look like real event tickets.
- Caricature Invitation - A caricature invitation not only creates a great piece of art you can use several times during your event but it will also let you feature hobbies and character traits that can help theme your party. This is a completely custom invite, the only limit is your imagination!
- 80 Years Young! Join us in wishing Dorothy a very Happy Birthday as she turns 80!
- Celebrating the 59th Anniversary of his 21st Birthday... Joseph is Turning 80!
- Jackie is turning 80, isn't that great? We're having a party so please save the date!
- John is turning 80! Please join us for a party in his honor!
80th birthday decorations and party supplies
- Personalized photo banner - over the doorway or near the entrance
- Or create a large "Happy Birthday" banner from kraft paper and acrylic paint... you can have guests sign it as they come in.
- Balloon bouquets flanking the banner and the door
- A lifesized cutout of the guest of honor with a speech bubble welcoming the guests (add a balloon bouquet near the cutout)
- A balloon arch over the doorway
- Set up a table with mementos and pictures from the life of the birthday guy or gal (graduations, wedding day, past birthdays).
- A sign in where guests can leave birthday wishes is a fun element to add. You can set out an oversized birthday card, a guest book, or a personalized sign in board.
- Do a video guestbook! Set up a space where guest can go and leave a message, or designate a person to go around and collect videos for guests wishing the guest of honor a happy birthday!
- "On the Day You Were Born"- Go to the nearest library branch with a newspaper archive. Copy some news articles from the "birth day" if you can. You can also search online for major events that happened the year of the guest of honor's birth, and print out a few "fun facts from the year of your birth" sheets. Leave them on the tables around the room for great conversation starters.
Add some color to your party room with 80th birthday party supplies. Ceiling decorations will give you the best bang for your buck.
If you are having the party in a home you can use 80th birthday paper goods on the tables or the buffet. If you are having your party at a banquet room or in restaurant, they will provide menu choices and the plate and glasses. You can bring 80th birthday themed plates and napkins for the dessert table, or drink napkins for the bar.
There are many of great ways to decorate the tables -
- Group 3 or 5 frames with pictures of the guest of honor throughout his or her life in the middle of the table. Add a few votive candles around the frames, or scatter 80 confetti around them for a pop of color.
- A Personalized Photo Centerpiece is a custom and versatile table decoration. For a low centerpiece you can add a vase of flowers to the center. For a centerpiece with height (to help fill a large room) have a balloon bouquet come out of the middle!
- Photo Tabletop Lanterns are another personalized 80th birthday centerpiece that works really well on long tables, placed every few seats, or grouped in 3's on individual tables. You customize the lantern with a photo (or several different photos!) and a message too. They come with LED candles and glow beautifully on the table.
- If you're looking for simple but fun go with a 80 cascade centerpiece. It's great for the sign in table, the gift tables, the bar, buffet, or on each dinner table. Combine with a bright balloon bouquet for a large party room.
- What about table decoration that double as party favors?! 80th birthday glasses! Perfect as a placecard or a napkin ring!
- A balloon arch over the buffet would be a great party decoration. Less involved, but just as fun... use crepe paper to create a canopy over the table.
- Don't forget the bar and cake table! Add some balloons/flowers/pictures/a lantern on the bar to echo your other decorations. Set our fun 80th birthday theme beverage napkins.
Feature a picture slideshow - Include pictures in a "Then and Now" format, or do a "Looking Back, and Looking Forward" which includes place's the guest of honor want to go see, or things he or she wants to do after 80.
Get out on the dacefloor - If you have the space and budget for it, hire a DJ or band to rock the dance floor. Include the guest of honor's favorite tunes, or just a great dance mix that will get everyone out of their chairs to celebrate!
80th Birthday Party Favors
Send your guests home with wonderful memories and a great party favor that is customized for your party. Here are a few ideas for 80th birthday party favors:
- Personalized Candy Bar Wrappers with a personalized message! Add a photo to many designs, and customize the wording in the ingredients! Wrapped around a dark or milk chocolate bar, it's a sweet way to say thanks for coming!
- Mint and Candy Tins - add a message and even a photo to many of the tins... a very popular party favor.
- Photo Cookies - add a photo of the guest of honor for a real treat!