Holy Halloween, Batman!
We can all sympathize with his grim past. A young boy forced to witness the murder of his parents, grows up vowing to avenge their deaths by fighting crime. Brooding billionaire bachelor Bruce Wayne secretly defends Gotham City as Batman. And he totally kicks butt.
Batman's world makes the perfect backdrop for a Halloween party. From the sinister streets of Gotham City, to the dark depths of the Batcave, you can create an atmosphere that is worthy of the Dark Knight with the following Batman party theme.
Batman Halloween Invitations
Break out the bat signal and let everyone know that your Batman Halloween theme party should not be missed with this personalized Batman Halloween invitation. Make sure to let your guests know they are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite Gotham hero or villain!
- Holy Halloween Batman! Join us for a night of crime, capes and candy!
- The bat signal is in the sky this Halloween!
- Kapow! Join us in the Batcave this Halloween!
- Don't forget to mention if it's "Costumes Required"or if you are having a costume contest. The promise of a competition and prizes will bring our everyone's creativity!
- Traditionally, it is advised to send out invitations eight weeks before your event. At the very least get the invites out 2-4 weeks before the party. The sooner the better, but don't let this keep you from getting killer invitations at the last minute. You can always rush them if time is an issue.
- Make sure you include the date/time, and the location of the party. You can also include RSVP information and the host/hostess name.
Batman Party Supplies and Decorations
Hang out in Gotham City
Hang up a Flying Bats scene setter, they make a dramatic impact in a room and are easy to put up. Don't forget the bat signal, it wouldn't be Gotham without it! Place directional signs near your doors pointing to "Gotham City", and other landmarks such as the "Arkham Asylum" and "Wayne Enterprises".
Since Batman is always foiling criminals in the dark alleys of Gotham, create a the feel of a dark alley in your home. Place a few outdoor garbage cans in the corner (don't forget to clean them first!), scatter a few crumpled balls of newspaper around the bottom of the cans, throw in a few black cats (plush), and you have the perfect place for Gotham criminals to do their dirty work.
To the Batcave! ... er, I mean Bathroom!
Surprise your guests by decorating your bathroom as Batman's secret headquarters, the Batcave! In the Batman comic books the Batcave was accessible through a grandfather clock when the hands were turned to 10:47 p.m., the time when Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered. To recreate this, buy a roll of brown craft paper and sketch out your own grandfather clock to place on the bathroom door.
Replace the light bulbs with blue or purple bulbs to create an eerie cave atmosphere. Set a few plastic bats on the flat surfaces and in the soap dish. Add in a few bats on your towel rack, light fixtures or shower curtain rod, and voilà! Batcave bathroom.
"Bat"tastic Table decorations and menu
courtesy of the Four Seasons in Austin
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce blue curacao
- 10 fresh blackberries
- Splash simple syrup
- Splash grapefruit juice
- Splash Champagne
- Blackberry cherry for garnish
Add vodka, blue curacao, blackberries, simple syrup and grapefruit juice to a martini shaker and shake vigorously until the drink turns a deep purple. Strain into a cocktail glass and top with a splash of champagne. Garnish with a blackberry or cherry.
Batman Halloween Activities
The best thing about being Batman is getting to drive around the slickest car ever; the Batmobile. Now you can make your guest's dreams come true as they pose for a picture in a Batmobile photo op. Just set it atop a 6' or an 8’ table with a chair behind for fun photos to take home!
"Let's put a smile on that face..."
The Joker won't be the only one smiling and having a great time at this party. Everyone will be dressed in their best Batman costumes, so don't forget to document the occasion. Make sure to have a Polaroid camera ready, or pass out disposable cameras and let everyone in on the fun of documenting the "batty" antics of the party guests.
Your Batman Halloween costume may be the most important decoration you have, so make sure you do it right!
Batman Costumes for Men:
- Batman Muscle Chest Costume - The classic Batman look
- Robin Costume - Holy Halloween costume Batman!
- The Joker Grand Heritage Costume - "This city deserves a better class of criminal and I'm gonna give it to them."
- Batman Deluxe Costume - An ultimate costume with a hefty price tag, but it doesn't get any better than this Batsuit!
Batman Costumes for Women:
- Batgirl Deluxe - Barbra Gordon, eat your heart out!
- Sexy Robin - What a sexy sidekick!
- Harley Quinn - Puddin'!
and even for your dog:
- Batman Dog Costume - Watch out Joker, Batdog is here to ruff you up!
- DC Comics Batman Dog Costume - A K-9 caped crusader
A fun personalized Batman Halloween candy bar makes a great party favor. What is Halloween without chocolate?
Some other great Batman party favors include:
Your Batman Halloween party will be so much fun; your guests will anxiously await your next event! With ideas and products from Party411.com you know that all your celebrations will be memorable ones.