some of party girl's favorites...
personalized retro theme invitation
life size hippie cutout
tie dye sign in board
vw hippie bus photo op
personalized retro camera
personalized tie dye theme candy bar wrapper
Retro 60s & 70s MitzvahInvite your guests to dress 60's or 70's for this fun Bar or Bat Mitzvah party!
Hippie Party Invitations
You'll be sending out a formal Bar or Bat Mitzvah invitation, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun with your party invitation. You can include a party invitation in the same envelope as your formal invitation or mail it separately. If you're mailing it separately, make sure to mail it shortly after your formal invitation is mailed.
- A personalized retro invitation is a great choice for your hippie Bar or Bat Mitzvah and will let everyone know this party is going to be groovy!
- You can also try our personalized tie die invitation!
- A caricature or semi-custom caricature invitation is also a great option for such a special party. They are completely personalized for your child and are great for centerpieces, sign in boards, seating cards and other decorations at your party. Have your child dressed as a hippie surrounded by peace signs, in a field of wild flowers inviting everyone back to the 60s for their groovy, psychedelic Bar or Bat Mitzvah celebration.
Be sure to send the invitation six to eight weeks in advance to give people plenty of time to plan.
Start the hippie feel as soon as your guests arrive by hanging beaded daisy curtains from the doors. Hire actors (or teenagers) to dress up as hippies and walk around welcoming everyone and passing out peace sign bead necklaces. Make sure they wave the peace sign to everyone. Ask them and all of your servers to wear tie dyed shirts.
Have a lifesize cutout of the Bar Mitzvah boy or Bat Mitzvah girl wearing a peace symbol necklace, holding their fingers in a peace sign, wearing hip hugger bell bottoms with a speech bubble welcoming guests saying, "peace, love and welcome!" Then fill the entry area with bright psychedelic balloons. You can do this yourself with tie die balloons and bright latex balloons or hire a balloon company to create great balloon displays. It would be fun to decorate the entry with signs that look like they are right out of the 60s. Try fun wording like, "hug a hippie" or "Woodstock or bust!" Hang giant cutouts of peace signs and bright flowers.
Imprinted cocktail napkins are great for cocktail hours and dessert at a Bar or Bat Mitzvah. Have them imprinted with "Groove with (Child's Name)". Or use pre-printed tie dye cocktail napkins.
sign in and find your seat!
Use one of our tie dye themed sign in boards - they have fabulous colors and truly goes with the theme.
- Or have a personalized 3D sign in book for you child with your child's "favorites" decorating the cover!
- The tie dye or retro seating cards can match the graphic for the sign-in board with the guest's name and table number.
- Attach seating cards to neon peace sign necklaces. Try fun wording like, "IT WOULD BE GROOVY IF Mr. and Mrs. Smith would sit at Table 5."
- You can also get matching table numbers for your tables. Have a sign next to the seating cards that says, "Groove on over to your seat when you get a chance!"
- Have a bouquet of psychedelic balloons with a smiley face at this location.
In the party room, have the Bar/Bat Mitzvah's name displayed overhead with a large personalized psychedelic banner hung behind the DJ. Ask your balloon company to create cool balloon towers to sit on either side of the DJ to help draw people to the dancefloor.
On a table in the party room, have a VW bus photo op with the windows cut out for people to stand behind and take pictures. You'll end up with great mementos from the party. Don't forget to get personalized retro theme cameras for pictures or hire someone to take pictures during the evening.
Retro Table Decorations
Start with great linens on your table! Mix bright colors like lime green, hot pink, turquoise, yellow and orange. Talk to your event center about getting bright and fun linens for the party. Then alternate colored napkins or tie-dyed napkins. Here are some great options for decorating your table.
- Tie dye bandanas also make great napkins on the tables and are also a great favor.
- Wrap your napkins in neon peace necklaces as napkin rings.
- Use a peace piñata with marbleized balloons, mylars, and latex coming off the top for a great centerpiece.
- Balloons can also be tied off of funky hat for fun and inexpensive centerpieces.
- Personalized hippie candy bar wrappers with dark or milk chocolate
- Personalized water bottles are great to put out at each place.
Hippie Bar and Bat Mitzvah Party Favors
You'll want to send your guests home with a wonderful favor from such a wonderful party. Start with an assortment of dancefloor gifts for the DJ to pass out, like
Send us an e-mail for more information on personalized party favors.
Rock on! And, Mazel Tov, from the Party Girl and the Party-ettes!