some of party girl's favorites...
Bachelorette Party IdeasBachelorette parties can be memorable for the bride-to-be and her friends, but don't forget to cater it to the preference of your guest of honor. Nothing will be more fun than the bride-to-be spending a day and/or night with the people who matter most to her. There are lots of great activities to do and places to go in addition to your "traditional" types of bachelorette antics. Here are some great bachelorette party ideas to help you plan the perfect night out!
Bachelorette Party Invitations
Send out a fantastic invitation so everyone will be excited to celebrate the bride's last night of freedom! A personalized bachelorette party invitation is a great way to go.
Or send personalized photo ticket invitations. You pick a color, add a picture, and choose the wording. It's the hottest ticket in town! And they are the perfect for bar hopping, going to the club, or a crazy night in.
If you want to give a special keepsake to the bride, have a custom caricature made. The caricature can be used not only for invites, but decorations too!
Make sure to include all of the party details on the invitation. If you are doing a night out on the town, you should still have everyone meet at someone's house for a pre-party. That way you can get started with a few drinks (which will save everyone money) and get dolled up with wearables before the limo or party bus picks you up. You may want to include a short itinerary with the invitation.
Bachelorette Party Decorations and Party Supplies
Welcome everyone with a personalized bachelorette party banner. You can hang it on the outside of the house, so everyone knows where the party is (and what a cute keepsake for the bride to be!). As the guests walk in, greet them with a life-sized cutout of the guest of honor. Place a basket filled with fun wearables near the cutout so people can get dolled up and ready to party. Here are a few cute ideas:
Dress the house up with pictures of the bride-to-be from before she met her man as well as engagement or dating pictures when she was with her man to be. Pink and black is a classic color scheme for a bachelorette party. Make balloon bouquets with pink and black latex balloons to place around the party.
Set out a table with flashing drink glasses on it. You can serve a few cocktails, or go with one signature drink; cosmopolitans, chocolate martinis, champagne with strawberries, or fruit daiquiris are all good choices. At the last bachelorette party I attended, the signature drink was -
- Jar of Maraschino Cherries
- 1 1/2 oz White Rum
- Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
- 2 Scoops Vanilla ice-cream
- 1/4 Cup Milk
Bachelorette Party Activities and Games
You can also play cool games like The Bride and Groom to be Trivia Game. See who knows the most about the bride and groom by finding out about the bride and groom prior to the party. Questions like "What is the grooms favorite movie?" "What is the brides favorite color?", "Where did the bride and groom meet?" and "How long did the bride and groom date?". This game is really fun for the whole group and gives more information to everyone who does not know the bride and groom compared to some of the other guests.
A great game to play is called Suck For A Buck: Create a shirt with the words across the stomach that say "Suck For A $." Sew (or lick and stick) lifesavers throughout the shirt in "strategic" locations. During the night of the Bachelorette party, solicit guys to pay to suck off one of the lifesavers. IMPORTANT TIP: Make sure to bring another shirt for the Bachelorette so she can change, in case the t-shirt rips or it gets too cold after you finish the game. If you are not into the suck for a buck game, have the Bachelorette wear a candy suck necklace or bracelet and have the guys suck-off a piece of candy from it!
Check out Bachelorette Party Games for more great ideas!
If you are looking for some other ways to celebrate, here are a few more ideas for celebrating the last big fling!
- Spend a day, night or weekend at a Spa - Whether local to where the bride lives, in a hip urban setting or at a remote far away location, everyone is sure to have a relaxing time when indulged with manicures and pedicures, massages, saunas, facials and mud baths. To read more about making this theme a party, Spa Day Bachelorette Party.
- Makeover - Take the party to a beauty salon or have a professional make-up artist come to the party so that everyone can get a full-blown Makeover. You can include this in a day of activities or not. Why not have the Avon lady share great new products with everyone and then guests can buy the bride-to-be all her favorite products for the big day.
- Plan an afternoon at the local Make-It-Yourself Pottery Studio - Most places will let you bring your own food and beverages. Make a party of it! Better yet, ask the bride-to-be what kind of pottery she could use in her new home and let everyone make something in her chosen colors. Definitely a fun time for all with this one.
- "Play Ball!" - Spend a day at the Baseball field with friends. Shower the bride-to-be with all the hot dogs, popcorn, ice cream, cotton candy and drinks that she desires. You can tack this on to a tour of local bars before or after the game. (You can also adapt this for other sports, too.)
- Shopping - Spend a day or weekend Shopping in your hometown or travel to a great locale for the same thing, like New York, Chicago, San Francisco or Los Angeles. Why not South Beach (Miami)? Spend the weekend, stay in a great hotel, eat dinner at great restaurants and look for a little adventure in the big city.
- Spend a fabulous Girls Weekend in Vegas - There are so many great things to do in Vegas these days (just don't let the bride-to-be get married without her groom!) Between the food, the shopping, the casinos and the shows there will never be a dull moment for anyone. If you're in the mood to taste the offerings of other cities while there, stay at the Venetian (just like Venice, Italy, but no pigeons!), New York (guess where?), Paris (guess again), the Bellagio (way cool for art and décor), Mandalay Bay (hip and young) or Hard Rock Hotel or your more established types like the MGM Grand, the Mirage or Caesar's. Visit Vegas.com for lots of info on shows and more.
- Vacation - You can always Vacation for a weekend at the closest summer spot, have a Beach Party (Rent a house at the beach for a girl's only weekend), laugh, play cards, run, have fun! A Weekend Cruise to a Caribbean Island or Mexico can be a hoot. Why not spend the weekend in Paris or London if you're really feeling adventuresome?
- Pajama Party - Why not return to the innocent days of youth and host a Pajama Party for the bride-to-be and her friends? For a complete party plan, see our Girls' Night in Pajamas theme party.
- Amusement Park - There's always the closest amusement park for games, thrills and adventure. Bring the camera and your appetite for cotton candy, apple fritters, lemonade, cheese on a stick or ice cream.
Bachelorette Party Favors
Handing our a party favor to all of the guests is not only a nice memento for everyone, but a great way to say thanks for coming!
Personalized bachelorette party mint and candy tins make a great favor. You get to personalize a cute tin, and everyone loves candy. How can you go wrong?
Or hand out chocolate bars wrapped with personalized candy bar wrappers. It's another sweet treat everyone will enjoy!
The most important thing is to have a great time with you and the girls. Just remember to follow the bride-to-be's wishes and have a party for her and not what the other girls want since it is all about your friend who is getting married! Have a great time!