some of party girl's favorites...
new year's eve party kits
New Year's Eve Luau Party
new years Luau Party Invitations
Anything tropical. Party411.com has great luau themed invitations, including a luau custom caricature that you can design yourself! Try a couple of these invite ideas to help make yours stand out:
- Cut bright colored paper (green, pink, or yellow) in the shape of a flip flop. Run ribbon as the "straps" and write your party info on the front.
- Wrap your invitation in a flower lei, which guests can then wear to your party!
- Weave a tropical umbrella pick through your invite by using a hole punch. Family and friends will look forward to all the tropical drinks you'll be serving at your New Year's luau!
- Now, of course, you can go with a more traditional New Years Eve party invitation. Mail in a padded envelope with a pair tropical sunglasses!
- Go all out with a message in a bottle invitation. Fill a clear bottle with sand, an umbrella pick, and your invite rolled up. Finish it off with a stopper, and mail or hand deliver to your guests. What a great way to get your party started off right!
- Don't forget to put a handful of colorful flower confetti in each envelope before dropping them in the mail.
Try one of these luau themed wording options for your invites:
Limbo until the clock strikes twelveAt Jim and Lisa's New Year's luau!Baby, it's cold outsideBut not at Jake and Hannah'sNew Year's luau party!Aloha!Grass skirts, coconuts, tikis and flowers,Head on over until the wee hours!
Ask your friends to dress tropical or touristy, and make sure to send your invites out 6-8 weeks in advance. Holiday schedules fill up fast!
New Years Luau Decorations and Party Supplies
Make your venue an island oasis from the moment family and friends walk in the door. Hang a Luau Party Banner above your door welcoming family and friends to your New Year's Luau!
Imagine greeting your guests with the host as a male luau cutout and the hostess as a female luau cutout. Add a hula skirt, coconut bikini top or beachcomber hat to the cutout! Add a speech bubble saying, "Haoli Makahiki Hou! You've arrived at Barb and Joe's Tropical Paradise!" (That means "Happy New Year" in Hawaiian.)
As your guests enter, they can pick up an assortment of luau gear to wear during the evening. Don't forget New Year's apparel as well! Here are some great options:
Use a mixture of New Years and luau decorations for your party. Just be sure to use bright tropical colors! New Years ceiling swirls in bright colors will draw the eye, and luau balloon bouquets on the buffet and in the corners of your venue will brighten up any room. Try a couple of these fun decorating ideas, too:
- A silk flower fringe hung on the mantle or in doorways will give your party a little Hawaiian flair!
- Scatter water with personalized luau water bottle labels and canned drinks in an inflatable luau cooler along with a variety of tropical fruit, like mangoes, pineapples, and bananas.
- A few luau scene setters hung on the walls will instantly turn your home into a tropical paradise! Choose from palm trees, beach scenes, and more.
- Colorful hibiscus paper lanterns will glow when hung under ceiling lights and fans. And this matching paper lantern garland can be hung along the edges of the ceiling.
- Hide the cold outside by hanging hula string decorations in the windows. This decoration will bring warmth to the coldest places in your home!
- Finish off your decorations and surprise your guests, too, with a tiki head bubble machine. What fun!
After making your home a tropical oasis, don't forget to serve your guests a Hawaiian feast they'll never forget.
Make signs for your buffet and bar and list the menu, giving it a mix of holiday luau titles like Beach Holiday Hula Avocado Dip, Merry Merry Margaritas, etc. Your menu should be tropical with a holiday flare. Banana fritters, coconut cake in the shape of a tree—use your imagination!
Tropical drinks would be a nice touch as well…and, if we come up with a tropical drink with eggnog, I'll let you know! The first drink should be served in coconut cups. We've also got luau shot glasses, which are perfect for a rowdy New Year's Eve!
Spend as much time decorating your tables as the rest of your venue. Use a few of the following tips and tricks:
- Keep tables simple with a palm tree or tropical drink centerpiece. Put a palm tree photo holder with a postcard of a beautiful beach or island oasis to identify each table.
- Scatter seashells around each centerpiece.
- Use mini maracas here and there for your more talented guests.
- Add some finishing touches like luau aloha bracelets around each napkin!
- Skirt the buffets and bar with a flower tableskirt and margarita lights mixed with little white Christmas lights.
Don't have time? Decorating your tables is a snap with an easy Luau Table Kit.
We have tons of luau games and activities to choose from. Try one or two of these fun luau classics to keep your guests entertained until the ball drops:
Make sure to have luau music playing in the background, and hand out confetti horns and poppers before the clock strikes midnight!
Luau Party Favors for the New Year
We always like our guests to leave with a sweet remembrance of the evening. One of these favors will be an instant hit with family and friends:
- Why not a personalized luau theme mint and candy tin?
- Send each guest home with a pair of tropical sunglasses, which they can start using when the weather warms up!
- A colorful luau theme lollipop will be a sweet treat for any young guests.
- What a cute flip flop key chain! It would be a perfect addition to any favor bag. Check out these custom New Year's Eve favor bags here.
Have a great time at your tropical celebration, and Happy New Year from everyone here at Party411.com!