New Year's Eve Luau Party
Having a theme party for New Year’s Eve is a sure way to get on everyone’s social calendar. It's December and if you live in a cold climate, your friends and family are already tired of the cold and snow. Make this party a tropical paradise--with just a hint of the holidays!
new years Luau Party Invitations
- Cut bright colored paper (green, pink, or yellow) in the shape of a flip flop. Run ribbon as the "straps" and write your party info on the front.
- Wrap your invitation in a flower lei, which guests can then wear to your party!
- Weave a tropical umbrella pick through your invite by using a hole punch. Family and friends will look forward to all the tropical drinks you'll be serving at your New Year's luau!
- Now, of course, you can go with a more traditional New Years Eve party invitation. Mail in a padded envelope with a pair tropical sunglasses!
- Go all out with a message in a bottle invitation. Fill a clear bottle with sand, an umbrella pick, and your invite rolled up. Finish it off with a stopper, and mail or hand deliver to your guests. What a great way to get your party started off right!
- Don't forget to put a handful of colorful flower confetti in each envelope before dropping them in the mail.
Limbo until the clock strikes twelveAt Jim and Lisa's New Year's luau!Baby, it's cold outsideBut not at Jake and Hannah'sNew Year's luau party!Aloha!Grass skirts, coconuts, tikis and flowers,Head on over until the wee hours!
New Years Luau Decorations and Party Supplies
As your guests enter, they can pick up an assortment of luau gear to wear during the evening. Don't forget New Year's apparel as well! Here are some great options:
If you have a mixed group of friends and name tags are called for, tag off plastic leis with the name of each guest (so no one goes unknown).
- A silk flower fringe hung on the mantle or in doorways will give your party a little Hawaiian flair!
- Scatter water with personalized luau water bottle labels and canned drinks in an inflatable luau cooler along with a variety of tropical fruit, like mangoes, pineapples, and bananas.
- A few luau scene setters hung on the walls will instantly turn your home into a tropical paradise! Choose from palm trees, beach scenes, and more.
- Colorful hibiscus paper lanterns will glow when hung under ceiling lights and fans. And this matching paper lantern garland can be hung along the edges of the ceiling.
- Hide the cold outside by hanging hula string decorations in the windows. This decoration will bring warmth to the coldest places in your home!
- Finish off your decorations and surprise your guests, too, with a tiki head bubble machine. What fun!
New Years Luau Table Decorations and menu
- Keep tables simple with a palm tree or tropical drink centerpiece. Put a palm tree photo holder with a postcard of a beautiful beach or island oasis to identify each table.
- Scatter seashells around each centerpiece.
- Use mini maracas here and there for your more talented guests.
- Add some finishing touches like luau aloha bracelets around each napkin!
- Skirt the buffets and bar with a flower tableskirt and margarita lights mixed with little white Christmas lights.
New Years Luau Activities
- Why not a personalized luau theme mint and candy tin?
- Send each guest home with a pair of tropical sunglasses, which they can start using when the weather warms up!
- A colorful luau theme lollipop will be a sweet treat for any young guests.
- What a cute flip flop key chain! It would be a perfect addition to any favor bag. Check out these custom New Year's Eve favor bags here.