With the holidays right around the corner, you're probably planning a New Year's Party for your friends and relatives. And you'll have to keep the kids busy with lots of games and activities!
New Year's Eve Scramble
Predict the Future
- Write different words on pieces of paper that related to New Year's Eve.
- Cut up the paper and scramble the letters.
- Everyone has to make New Year’s Eve words out of the pieces of paper.
- The person who guesses the most words correctly wins a prize.
New Year’s Eve Parade
- Throughout the party, present magazine pictures to each table of kids. These pictures should show something from the past year, such as a winning football game, a new toy, a political event, etc.
- Each table of kids must make a prediction for the next year, based on the picture. For example: The Yankees will win the pennant, Bill Clinton will become a rock star, the president will be a woman, and so on. Keep providing pictures after each course for the kids' predictions.
Remember the days of banging pots and pans around the neighborhood at 12:00AM and keeping the neighbors awake until all hours? This activity rings in the memories.
- Collect all of the kids around 11:50AM and hand out the pots and pans and noisemakers.
- Then send the kids outside to make all of the noise when the clock strikes midnight.
- Have them march up and down the driveway and through the neighborhood.
Some other fun ideas that will keep the kids busy for hours until the clock strikes midnight are to have them create their own time capsule, strike a piñata, make New Year's resolutions (and guess whose resolutions they are), decorate cookies, and have a huge indoor treasure hunt with clues.