Zombie Halloween Party Ideas
You’re infected! Spread some zombie germs to your guests and eat some brains, too, with this zombie themed Halloween party. Thanks to TV shows, like The Walking Dead, and AAA video games, like the Left for Dead series, zombies have become a pop culture icon. Don’t just encourage your guests to show up in their undead best, but get in on the zombie craze with themed invitations, party supplies, and favors. Even fill your menu with food only a zombie could love. BRAINS!
Zombie Halloween Party Invitations
Try some of the wording below on your invite, and browse our list of Halloween Party Invitations for ideas, to
Extreme Caution Advised: Zombie Outbreak Zone
Enter Jason and Natalie’s at your own risk
Disinfection protocol will begin
On Saturday, October 18 at 7 pm
Fight the Dead, Fear the Living
At the Phelps’ Halloween Party!
You Can Run, But You Can’t Hide!
Come to My Party…. Bring Brainz!
Beware: The Undead Have Awoken
And They’re Ready to Party!
Zombie Party Decorations and Supplies
Make your venue a perfect place for the undead by decorating with blood spattered décor and warnings to the uninfected:
- Zombie Halloween Personalized Banner: This personalized fallout shelter banner lets family and friends know that your home is the only safe place on the block. Once they enter, however, they’ll be horridly surprised by the number of zombies.
- Zombie Water Bottle Label Party Favors: Make sure your guests stay uninfected with these personalized water bottle labels, which let them know the water is safe to drink.
- Blood Spattered Decorations: Make your home look like there’s been a zombie attack with blood spattered walls and floors. Do it the easy way with this bloody wall back drop, footprint floor runner, and bloody handprint window clings. Want to take the DIY route? Spatter red poster paint on wax paper and hang the sheets on windows and walls.
- Quarantine: Quarantine parts of your home (like the bedrooms) where you “keep” the undead. Block doors with caution tape, and create a “blood” paint spattered sign that says “Infected Keep Out”. Complete the effect with a rusty chain wrapped around the door knob as if you’re locking the infected inside.
- Bloody Drapes: Create an eerie effect by draping bloody gauze on stair railings and chandeliers, in doorways and ceiling corners, and among the curtains. Make your own bloody drapes by spattering red paint and making handprints on cheap white curtains.
- Keep Out: Warn your guests before they enter with this gory door cover.
- Bloody Weapons: No zombie slayer is complete without his horrifying collection of weapons. Hang this garland over a buffet or along a mantle to leave a threatening message to the undead.
- Toilet Zombies!: Zombie got your bum? Just apply this unsettling cling-on to the top of a toilet seat to give your guests a frightening surprise.
Zombie Table Decorations
Give your tables and buffet an undead touch by covering them with more bloody gauze table cloths, and try one of these centerpieces to leave a deadly impression:
- Zombie “Flowers”: Fill a ceramic flowerpot with dirt and half bury a plastic hand to make it look as if a zombie is climbing from the grave. For an extra touch, paint the fingers red to make them look like they’re covered in blood.
- Body Part Centerpiece: Fill a tall vase with plastic body parts. Add water with red food coloring to make some very creepy centerpieces.
- Skull Centerpiece: Fill a large glass bowl with plastic skulls and gray basket filler.
Zombie Menu Ideas
Make sure your infected guests are served the best quality foods, including brains! Create labels for different menu items using free horror themed fonts and dingbats from dafont.com:
- Zombie Control
- Beware of the Zombies
- House of Horror
- Survival Horror
- Horror Dingbats Eerie Edition
Try some of these themed foods and desserts that the infected won’t be able to resist:
- Graveyard Dirt: Layer chocolate pudding, marshmallow fluff, crushed Oreos, and gummi worms to make a graveyard. Add Milano cookies as gravestones and perhaps a Sour Patch Kid or two as corpses.
- Bloodbath Drink Cooler: Fill a bathtub with ice and drinks and add red food coloring to make it look bloody. Hang a bloody shower curtain (see directions for blood spattered decorations above) to frighten guests, too. Don’t have a tub? Add red food coloring to iced coolers and add a “Bloodbath” label to create the same effect.
- Pigs in a Blanket: They double as Zombie “Finger” Food, resembling the human appendage. Make sure to add a label so guests get the joke.
- Red Velvet Cupcakes: These cupcakes are a choice dessert for a zombie party due to their color. Add an undead touch by piping red cake gel on top of the white cream cheese frosting to mimic blood.
- Skeleton Pulled Pork: Pile pulled pork in the cavity of a plastic instructional skeleton. Make sure the skeleton lies flat on a large, foil covered cookie sheet. Check out this ghoulish example of a Cannibal Buffet on our blog for inspiration.
- Eyeball Fruit Punch: Mix equal parts Sprite and fruit punch and add plastic eyeballs to create a creepy beverage every zombie will love.
- Bloody Chunks Salsa: Set out bowls of chips and salsa, labeling the salsa “Bloody Chunks.” Gross!
- Brain Cupcakes: Pipe white frosting on any flavor of cupcakes in a squiggly pattern to create some exquisitely delicious brains.
The music you play at a party sets the vibe for the entire night. Make sure the undead rise from their graves and boogie down with this Zombie Party Playlist.
- Re: Your Brains – Jonathan Coulton
- Monster Mash – Bobby “Boris” Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- Howlin’ for You – Black Keys
- Time Warp – The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- This Is Halloween – from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Ghostbusters – Ray Parker, Jr.
- I Put a Spell On You – Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
- Thriller – Michael Jackson
- Black Magic Woman – Santana
- Don’t Fear the Reaper – Blue Oyster Cult
- I Put a Spell on You – Screaming Jay Hawkins
- Highway to Hell – AC/DC
- Werewolves of London – Warren Zevon
- Bad Moon Rising – Creedence Clearwater Revival
Zombie Party Favors
Send the undead back to their graves with a gift to remember your zombie apocalypse. Try some of these personalized and handmade favors:
- Personalized Zombie Halloween Candy Bar Wrappers
- Custom Zombie Theme Cookies
- Zombie Theme Custom Lollipops
- Zombie Halloween Party Favor Bags: Add Halloween candy in these bags so your guests have something to munch on (and with) on their way home.
- DIY Zombie Survival Kit: Fill a plastic bag with a birthday candle, 5 Hour Energy bottle (only for adults), Band Aid, bar of soap, life saver, a stick of gum, and a clothes pin. Include a card of what to do with each item, so the uninfected can stay that way. Try the following wording:
Zombie Survival KitBirthday Candle: To light your way
5 Hour Energy: To keep you going when the zombies attack
Band Aid: For those oozing zombie sores
Bar of Soap: To wash off the guts
Life Saver: Need some help?
Gum: Can’t brush your teeth when being chased by a hoard of zombiesClothes Pin: Hang in there…