some of party girl's favorites...
personalized spiders invitation and party favors
spider party favors
personalized spider theme candy bar wrapper
Spider Theme Halloween Party Ideas
Scare the pants off of your friends with a spider themed Halloween party! A Spider Shindig! As long as you don't have a serious case of arachnophobia among your guests, this party will be a hit with family and friends. This fun and easy theme is inexpensive, too, and spider theme party supplies are cool in a creepy kind of way. Plus, there are so many great spider decorations to choose from!
spider shindig Halloween Invitations
Start your party off right by sending out a fun (or spooky) spider theme invitation to get everyone excited for your soiree. We love our personalized creepy spider invitation for a spider theme party.
Add a special touch to your invitation by including a few spiders (not real ones, of course). Purchase a spider punch from a local craft or scrapbooking store and punch out black spider shapes. Add a handful to your invitation as an extra surprise when guests open the envelope.
Invitation Tip: Be sure to send invitations 4-6 weeks in advance so people's calendars are still open. And if you'd like guests to arrive in costume, leave a little note at the bottom of your invite as a reminder.
Try some of the wording below to spookify your spider theme invitation:
Drop in...For a creepy, crawly good time!Calling all ghosts, goblins, and freaks of the night!Creep, crawl, or float on over for our Halloween bash!Join us if you dareFor a Spootacular Halloween Soiree!What a tangled web we'll weaveWhen we gather on All Hallow's Eve!
spiders Halloween Party Decorations and Party Supplies
Decorate the outside of your home with spider decorations that will send chills up the spines of family and friends. Try a few of these options to tie your yard into the party's theme:
- Spider window clings are a creepy, fun welcome for your guests!
- For a dramatic outdoor decoration consider setting out a 5' light up spider web on your porch!
- Line your walkway with spider luminarie bags to light the way to your door.
- Add a group of orange and black balloons to your mailbox so the house is easy to find, and put a bouquet on either side of your front door, weather permitting.
- Construct a giant spider for your yard by filling two trash bags with leaves for the body (one bag must be smaller than the other). Spray paint eight pool noodles black and pose them with the trash bag body. (Try the same technique on a smaller scale inside your home, but use an inflated black balloon instead of trash bags.)
- Give your home a creepy glow with spider silhouette window props, and try adding spider webbing and plastic spiders to each of the sills for extra effect.
- Greet your guests dressed as a vampire or a giant spider, and hand out glow in the dark spider rings as family and friends enter so they get in the creepy, crawly mood.
Decorate the Inside of Your Home for Halloween, too.
- Start with webbing in the foyer that leads to the main room where guests will congregate.
- Add a few posable spiders around the party, or hang a giant spider from the ceiling!
- Want to DIY a giant spider? Create one to hang over your buffet table by attaching eight black crepe paper streamers to a large black paper lantern. Add eyes and fangs made from white construction paper, and you have a creepy guard for your dinner!
- Have the kiddos construct easy-to-make pipe cleaner spiders to scatter on end tables.
- Hang torn cheesecloths in corners, on chandeliers, and on the mantle. They look just like torn spider webs!
- Use double-sided tape to create a trail of plastic spiders crawling their way along a hallway or in a bathroom.
- Personalize Your Party! Place a Halloween cutout with your face(s) welcoming all (you can even add a speech bubble). The pumpkin’s our favorite.
- Try hanging a personalized spider theme banner over a buffet to invite guests to grab a bite.
- Want something extra fun? This spider toilet topper will get everyone laughing.
Spiders theme Table Decorations
Set your table to look its best with spider theme décor. We love silver linens covered with a spider web lace tablecloth cover. You can use all black paper goods or real plates and silverware for a more formal event.
Have fun with your spider theme centerpieces, too. Attempt one or two of these creepy table decorations:
- Fill a tall vase with plastic spiders and webbing for a simple and fun centerpiece.
- Or try an assortment of vases mixed together with plastic spiders in some vases and "dead" flowers in others.
- Cut a hole in the top of a miniature pumpkin, and put a candle votive in the slot. Add eight pipe cleaner legs to make this pumpkin really crawl. Group odd numbers of these cute candle alternatives on tables to match the theme.
- Glue plastic spiders to a white pumpkin, and add web lines to the pumpkin itself with a black permanent marker. Group several together, and try to vary the heights of the pumpkins by displaying the largest on a black cake stand.
- Hang spooky paper lanterns above a dining room table, and drape webbing and plastic spiders between the lanterns to create an eerie atmosphere.
- Scatter fake tarantulas along tables and among centerpieces to add a creepy element to your table décor. Use torn cheesecloth as a table runner to look just like a ripped web.
Don't forget the bar for your party. Along with several other drink options (like red wine "blood"), create a signature cocktail specific to your event, and call it something like the "Black Widow Martini". Here's a simple recipe for a perfect red colored martini:
Black Widow (red) Martini
- 1.25 oz. Vodka
- 0.25 oz. of triple sec
- 1 oz. of cranberry juice
- lemon twist
Shake all of the ingredients together in a martini shaker and serve over ice. We can't get enough of light up cocktail glasses. Everyone will love their drink served in a red light up martini glass.
halloween spiders Party Favors
Whether it is a personalized gift or a fun spider themed toy, make sure to hand out favors to say, "Thanks for coming!" You will want to send guests home with something to remember your spider soiree.
Try one of these options to surprise your family and friends as they head out the door:
- Fill a Halloween favor bag with Halloween candy and stretchy spiders for the kids.
- Send home some chocolate with a spider theme candy bar wrapper.
- Take a Blow Pop sucker and use four pipe cleaners to make legs at the sucker's base. Add plastic googly eyes, and you have a spider sucker favor! This is a great one for the kiddos and young at heart.
- Fill a clear cellophane bag with candy corn, and glue a plastic spider with a thank you note to the top. Family and friends will appreciate this classic treat!
- Hand out spider jewelry to the ladies at your event, which they can use every October!
Your guests will squirm with delight at this fun, creepy crawly Halloween Spider Shindig! Happy Halloween from everyone at Party411.com!