Halloween Pirate Party
Ahoy, me Hearties! Weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen, we are headed off to plan a Pirate Halloween Party! With all of the pirate decorations and party supplies available, we are sure to have a swashbuckling good time! So grab your cutlass, this Halloween means a trip down to Davy Jones' Locker...
Pirate Invitations for Halloween
We suggest fun personalized pirate Halloween invitations. Throw a few plastic gold coins into the envelope. And be sure to mention that everyone must come in their best pirate gear, or they will walk the plank!
If you are feeling ambitious you can make your own invitation. Think about drawing a treasure map to your house. This wouldn't be too hard to do and the whole family can get involved. Just make sure the clues aren't too difficult! Draw it, and then take it to a local Kinko's or print shop to be printed on tan paper (or parchment if they will do it inexpensively).
Pirate Theme Party for Halloween - Decorations and Party Supplies
Up the Gangplank (The Entrance)
A Beware of Pirates sign should be placed at the end of your driveway or walkway (a fair warning). Don't forget to hang a skull and bones pirate flag outside your door (take it down after the party, or you might not get mail for a couple of weeks!)
Since it is Halloween you don't want to forget the Jack o'lanterns! Carve them up with a pirate twist; a toothy smile and an eye patch over one triangle eye will do the trick. Or carve three pumpkins to read Yo-Ho-Ho and use them on your front steps.
Down in Davy Jones' Locker (Indoor Decorations)
We love the pirate skull and crossbones balloons. Tie them off with black ribbon and use a skull head as a balloon weight. There are so many great pirate theme decorations that it's tough to choose the best ones! Here are our favorites:
- Beware pirate pennants is perfect for decorating over bars and buffets.
- Hang a few pirate whirls from from the ceiling as well.
- For a creepy decoration add blood red candles on side tables or the mantle.
- Add a skull here and there, and maybe even some empty bottles with the word RUM on them. (Don't forget those XXs you see in the cartoons).
- Transform any large wall into a pirate haven with a pirate scene kit, which includes everything from an island hideaway, pirate ships, and even the pirates themselves!
Colorful toy parrots can be tied onto banisters or the shoulders of your guests. A few more pirate flags on a stick can be used to decorate potted plants, or hang them wherever you need a little more scallywag flair.
Grub in the Galley (Setting the Table)
Place several pirate hats with bouquets of pirate skull and crossbones balloons coming out of them down the middle of the table. Scatter plastic gold coins around the bases as additional decoration.
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum... (The Bar)
A personalized pirate cutout can guard the bar! Your guests will love to see you as a swashbuckling pirate king or queen. Or if your having bartenders...tell them to wear black or white t-shirts and then give them each a pirate vest (not to mention the other wearables above!)
On the floor you can place an inflatable pirate ship cooler filled with water and beer that have personalized pirate beer bottle labels.
Your pirate Halloween costume may be the most important decoration you have, you don't want to look like a landlubber, do you?
Pirate Costumes for Men:
- Captain Jack Sparrow. Who wouldn’t want to be Captain Jack?
- Cutthroat Pirate Adult. A Regal pirate in a polished uniform, ready to pillage and plunder.
- Pirate Swashbuckler - Arr!
Pirate Costumes for Women:
- Captain's Treasure Pirate Adult - Transform into a sexy pirate.
- Pirate Maiden Don't mess with the captain's lady!
- Pirate Lady Elite Collection - This is no damsel in distress, so hold on to your doubloons!
Pirate Activities for Halloween
Pirate Halloween parties are the perfect time for scavenger hunts. Organize one for around the house or around the neighborhood, either way everyone is bound to have a great time. Draw your lists up to look like treasure maps. A pirate pinata is always fun!
Pirate Theme Party Favors for Halloween
Send your guests home with a favor to say "thank you for coming". It is easy peasy, just fill a pirate goodie bag with a few of these pirate party favors:
And don't forget to include a personalized pirate Halloween candy bar. What is Halloween without chocolate?
Have fun plundering on Halloween!