This may be a no-brainer, but kids LOVE Halloween. What could be better than dressing up as a princess or a Storm Trooper and having complete strangers give you candy? Then there are those fun Halloween parades at school with even more candy. Jackpot!
So this year, why not throw a Halloween party just for the kids? They are sure to love it and your friends will thank you for giving their children another chance to wear their costumes. Here are some tips and ideas to make your children's Halloween party fun and festive.
Kids Halloween party tips
Your party is sure to be great, but here a few tips to help with the planning.
Kids Halloween party Invitations
- Talk to your child and see what they would like for their Halloween party! You may be surprised at all their great ideas.
- Halloween costumes can be scary, so you may want to note on the invitations if you'd like your guests to choose something child friendly.
- Parties for young children, under the age of 5 should be kept to an hour and a half. For older kids, 2 hours is just fine.
- Depending on the location, be aware of the number of children you are inviting. A party hall can hold plenty of friends, but keep the numbers down to have a manageable party at home.
Once you have your date, you’re ready to choose an invitation. Of course, the invitation is one of your most important decisions, because it lets the guests know in advance what a great party you’re planning and what a great time they will have. Party411 has a lot of wonderful invitations for Halloween that can be customized! Here are a few of our most popular kid friendly designs...
Choose some fun Halloween wording for your invitations. Here are some ideas for invitation intros:
- No tricks, just treats! Jonathan is having a Halloween feast!
- Tricks and treats and lots of good things to eat!
- Join us for some not so scary Halloween fun at Rachel's Halloween bash!
Of course you can let the kids help and create your own Halloween party invitations. Here's a Halloween shapes template
that you can print out. Print them on a bright color paper, let the kids cut the shape and then add your party information. (You may want to test enlarging them based on the size of your envelope.) They can even color on some details or add fun stickers.
kids halloween Decorations and Party Supplies
We all know there is an abundance of creepy, scary Halloween decor available. That just won't work for this party. Luckily there is also plenty of child friendly fun Halloween decor available. You
can decorate with pumpkins, of course. Be sure to add some other fun Halloween supplies. Here are a few staples that we love for any party.
Personalized Halloween Banner - a great Halloween party welcome! Hang it outside to let everyone know where the party is, or hang it inside for a perfect decoration.
Balloons are a party staple! Choose classic Halloween colors like orange and black for your bouquets. You can also make it more colorful with more modern Halloween colors, black, orange, purple and lime green.
Crepe Paper - There is nothing that screams that this is a kids party as much as crepe paper streamers hung around a party room. High impact for a low cost - perfect! Don't forget those Halloween colors - black, orange, lime green and purple.
Here are some other great kid friendly Halloween decorations that fit with any Halloween theme:
These fun touches are sure to add your festive party!
Halloween Kids Party Table Decorations and Party Menu
Start with fun paper goods
that make clean up easy and add bright fun colors to your room. Here are a few great kid friendly Halloween paper good sets that work perfectly at a kids Halloween bash.
Next choose a fun centerpiece for your tables. Gather up some pumpkins and gourds and make a display in the middle of the buffet table. A super fun and simple centerpiece is a Halloween pumpkin bucket (you know, like the ones you use for trick or treating) filled with candy. Functional and fun!
You'll have a great time with dessert. You can certainly go to any grocery store and find Halloween themed desserts. Get the kids involved:
Kids love to bake. Let them help make some yummy desserts for the party. Or let them help decorate cookies or cupcakes for the party. Get candy corn, M&Ms, frosting and sprinkles and let them decorate. Even toddlers can put M&Ms on cupcakes! Be sure to get extra - you're bound to "lose" a few to your child's stomach...and yours too! Here are a few fun Halloween desserts
we've made for our kids Halloween parties in the past. The "fingers"
are chocolate covered pretzels with different colored chocolates dipped
on the ends. Gummy candies make great fingernails. The circle treats
are just rice treats with frosting and sprinkles added with Halloween
Kids halloween party Games
There are so many wonderful activities and games for Halloween that it will only be hard to choose the best for your party. Here are some of our favorite Halloween activities for kids:
- Pumpkin decorating - for older kids, set out the supplies for them to carve their own pumpkin. For younger kids, choose the mini pumpkins and have stickers, glitter and markers available.
- Candy hunt - this is a great game for an outside party. You guessed it - it's basically an Easter Egg hunt with candy.
- Costume parade - a parade is great for a larger party or a kids party at a school. Let everyone know to bring their cameras!
- Halloween pinatas - what a fun way to get the kids MORE candy!
kids halloween party Favors
Loot bags are always popular and a must for a Halloween. You can start with a personalized Halloween party favor bag
or choose a favor bag that matches your paper goods. Create your own pumpkin theme loot bag with an orange bag tied off with green floral tape.
Then either fill it with a few fun Halloween toys and treats or leave them empty and set up trick or treat stations around the room. Here are some fun personalized Halloween party favors that the kids (and their parents) are sure to love.
The favors will serve as a sweet reminder of a fantastic Halloween party. Have a perfect time at your child's Halloween party!