some of party girl's favorites...
pumpkin invitations and party favors
pumpkin photo op
pumpkin paper goods
personalized pumpkin theme candy bar wrapper
Pumpkin Theme Halloween Party: Jack O'Lantern JamboreeWhat’s better than using pumpkins as your theme for your Halloween party? Here’s a step-by-step planfor the perfect pumpkin theme Halloween party! Use pieces and parts or do it all—and just add some entertainment (like a pumpkin carving contest, pumpkin cookie decorating contest, etc.)…if you’d like.
pumpkin theme halloween invitations
Send your party invitation early enough that your guests can save the date and get super excited for an extra special event. Here are a few pumpkin theme invitations:
Get the kids involved! Create your own pumpkin invitations out of orange and green construction paper. Older kids can cut out pumpkin shapes and younger kids can help add stickers or glitter. (They'll love being a part of the planning process.)
pumpkin Theme Halloween Party Decorations and Party Supplies
Start by decorating the outside of your house for your party. You can even put these decorations up early in October for all the neighbors to enjoy. Line the walkway or driveway with a pumpkin luminaries to give guests the perfect entrance to your party. A set of pumpkin lanterns would be perfect on the porch.
Of course you'll need LOTS of pumpkins outside of the party area. Line the stairs to your home or the yard with an array of carved pumpkin. You can even get a few close friends to help carve them a day or two before the party.
Once the outside looks great, decorate the inside of your home for your pumpkin party
- Inflate pumpkin balloons and black balloons make balloon bouquets! Tie them off with black ribbon and place throughout the room.
- Personalize Your Party! Place a personalized pumpkin cut-out with your face welcoming all (you can even add a speech bubble).
- Hang pumpkin swirls from the ceiling and cover the walls with pumpkin cutouts.
- Pumpkin Lanterns- These are perfect for a large room or hanging over a buffet.
- Pumpkin Patch Scene Setter - Hang this behind a focal table (buffet, dessert) or on a bare wall as a backdrop for a photo op.
Skeleton theme Table DecorationsSet a Jack ‘O Lantern Tabletop! Set the table with pumpkin theme paper goods that fit the theme perfectly with no washing dishes afterwards!
- Set out beer and water bottles with personalized bottle labels in a haunted house inflatable drink cooler.
- Insert orange cutlery in napkin and then tie a black ribbon around it.
- Set out a real pumpkin as your centerpiece (carved or un-) or a pumpkins and bats centerpiece.
Serve "pumpkin juice" for any of the adults (and a non-alocholic orange juice for the kids).
pumpkin juice3 oz vodka
1/2 oz triple sec
1 dash orange bitters
Mix together in a martini shaker and serve over ice for a sweet pumpkin theme drink.
Halloween Pumpkin Activities
We mentioned earlier having pumpkin cookie decorating at this fun Halloween party. It's a great activity for kids (and adults!). Here are some other fun ideas to keep your guests happy at your Halloween party:
A pumpkin carving station is always fun! Set out pumpkins and pumpkin tools and let guests make their own Jack O' Lantern.
When they are done carving their pumpkins, challenge everyone with a jack o' lantern piñata!
Personalize Your Party! Place a pumpkin photo op in a corner with a Polaroid or single-use camera for some great souvenirs.
halloween skeleton Party Favors
Be sure to pass out pumpkin theme party to say "Thank you for coming!" Fill a Halloween treat bag with fun pumpkin treats and candy: