football party games
Having a football theme party and need some games for the football party? Check these ones out!
- Hat or bowl
- Two teams of people
- On pieces of paper, write down football related words, such as helmet, sideline, touchdown, or even players and coaches names. You can also include food items such as beer, chips, salsa and buffalo wings.
- Put the pieces of paper in a hat.
- Have one team member pick from the hat and act out the word on the paper, the other players on the actors team have to guess the word. The time limit should be 1 or 2 minutes per word.
- Once the team guesses the word or the time runs out, the charades continue with the opposing team.
- The winner is the team with the most correct guesses.
football toss (how's that for a simple football party game?)
- Foam football
- Hula hoops, baskets, or other targets
- This game is similar to the basketball game "HORSE", you can use any football related word like touchdown, pigskin or football.
- Have players line up and the first person in the line throws the football to/through the target of their choice.
- The player behind him must repeat the same shot and this continues down the line of players.
- If he/she doesn't make the shot, they receive the first letter of the word you are using. Once they spell out the word, that person is out of the game
- The last person in the game wins!
How about some fun games for during the football game?
Don't say "football"!
- At the beginning of halftime, give your guests small paper footballs to stick onto their chests with double-sided tape.
- Tell everyone they're not allowed to say the word "football" while in conversation during halftime.
- If a guest hears someone use the word, they can take the football from the offending party.
- The person who collects the most footballs is the winner.
- You can also play this game where the person who says football has to take a sip from their (alcoholic) drink!
Looking for a few great football betting games to play at your football party? Search no further! Here are 3 easy games you can play while you are watching the big game:
The Football Pool
This is standard. Add prop bets for how long the game will last, who will be the MVP, who wins the coin flip, who scores first touchdown, who has first turnover, score at the end of each quarter, etc. and give out gag gifts instead of money for these extra-added guesstimates.
- Write out all of the possible wins or bets on sheets of paper for all of your guests.
- Hand them out at game time with some pens.
- At the end of each quarter tally up who won and give out gifts.
- Poster Board and Markers
- Set up a 10x10 grid on the poster board and write one team on the top. The other team is on the side.
- Sell each square on the grid for a set amount of money. Play big or small.
- Numbers 0-9 are assigned randomly across the rows and down the columns after bets are places and squares are bought. (Draw out of a hat for the order of numbers for each row and column)
- The numbers beside each team name represent the last digit in the score for that team. For example, if the score were "AFC team 14- NFC team 3", then whoever's name is in the square under the "4" of the AFC team and the "3" of NFC would win.
Pass the CupIt’s simple, easy, and can make you and your guests some cash.
- Plastic Cup
- Basically the person holding the cup makes the rules. The person holding the cup says, for example, “Touch Down.” Then the cup gets passed and everyone adds a dollar. When there is a touch down the person holding the cup collects the money inside.
- You can change up the words to First Down, 50-yard line etc.
- A nice idea is to donate the money to a local food bank or charity of your choice.