personalized election theme lollipop
Election Party Ideas
Election theme parties can be fantastic fun! Americans love a good competition (Super Bowl, the Olympics, American Idol...) and an election is no exception. Celebrate the primary, caucus, a fundraiser for your favorite candidate or election night itself in style. Here's how!
Make balloon bouquets with a mixture of red, white and blue latex balloons. Tie them off with red, white and blue ribbon and attach them to Red, white and blue balloon weights.
Set up a tally board or ballot box near the front where guests can guess who they think will win!
- A personalized patriotic banner can be used over each buffet (and everyone will know where to find the food- which is always important!)
- Skirt the buffet tables with patriotic table skirt.
- Consider patriotic vests for you or for your serving staff-great fun.
Fun Ideas for Election Night Food Stations
- Trump Taco Bar with banner "I love Hispanics", make sure to offer the Benghazi Burrito
- Chili Hillary Bar - Warm up with a chili and toppings bar, lots of shredded cheese, sour cream, Fritos, limes, avocado, onions, scallions, hot sauce, corn bread etc
- Vegan Veggie Tray (since Bill is vegan) with a hummus dip
- Watch the Candidates WAFFLE BAR - premade Belgian waffles or break out the waffle maker, lay out plenty of toppings
Blue Vs. Red Drink Station - Set up a dueling drink station with red and blue drink options.
- Blue Hawaii vs Cosmopolitan
- Red Sangria vs Pacific Blue Sangria
- Red Slush Punch vs Blue Raspberry Lemonade Slush
Election Watch Party Ice Cream Bar - Hang a banner "Republican or Democrat, who will it be? Have a Scoop as we wait and see!" Have an ice cream bar with red and blue toppings.
election night party games
Have a bit of fun with this circus and have a few party games -
Make up some bingo cards with political jargon and when you hear it said on tv you can mark your square.
Election Night Drinking Game
One Sip for
Every pundit on a split screen.
Time someone says "270".
Time someone says "Undecideds".
Someone manipulating a giant touch-screen map.
Every person not wearing a flag pin.
One Drink for
Every time the words “Benghazi” or “email” are uttered.
When any state is “still too close to call.”
Any reporter who says "standing by".
When a state has polls closing.
Two Drinks if
Giant touch-screen map malfunctions.
"Unbiased" anchor looks upset by results.
They play a clip of Trump and he refers to himself in the third person.
They show a candidate's spouse.
Finish Your Beer when
An anchor awkwardly fills in time due to technical mishap.
Somebody blames Bush.
Camera cuts away to someone not paying attention.
Exit polls are even (ie 50% and 50%).
Do a Shot
When results are official in your state.
When you see confetti.