some of party girl's favorites...
personalized 80s theme party invitation
80s theme paper goods
80s theme danglers
80s party tape
boom box centerpiece
80's Theme Party Ideas
Like, Omigod! Are you itching to get back to a time when everything was "totally" cool? These 80s party ideas will help you celebrate in style with shoulder pads, swatch watches, a single, silver sparkle glove and wayfarer sunglasses. The music, the movies, the TV shows even the toys made it an era to remember, why not relive it all with an 80s party?
80's Theme Party Invitations
The fun starts as soon as the invitation arrives. But what type of invitation to send?
We have a really fun (and super popular) 80's theme invitation with matching decorations and favors. Watch out for Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde as they take us all back to the days of pixilated video game greatness.
Feeling creative? Why not design your own invitations? Use basic card stock paper in bright colors and announce your party with phrases like “You're Invited to a Most Excellent Party” or “Join Us for a Totally Awesome Party.” “Party on dude!” Throw a candy necklace or a package or Pop Rocks in to the envelope and your all set!
Here is some other totally tubular wording for your 80's party invitation:
Pull on your Leg WarmersTease up your HairIt's an 80's Theme PartyBe There or Be Square!
Here are a few more fun invitation options -
- 80's Party Invitation - Customize the wording for your party!
- Custom ticket invitation - Remember your first concert and the hours you spent playing air guitar for Bruce Springsteen, The Police and Madonna? Well, here’s your chance to have your own concert ticket with all the party information on it. A unique way to start the festivities.
- Caricature invitation - These are completely custom works of art. What could be more fun than the guest of honor (or you!) dressed in a favorite 80s outfit on the front of the invitation? And, the caricature can be used again for a sign in board, photo opportunity, centerpieces, even thank you notes.
1980's Party Supplies Decorations and Party Supplies
The action for this party will be on the inside but you can still let your guests know they’re in for a fabulous time with a few outdoor decorations. Place small twinkle lights in the bushes and trees surrounding your house.
There are some great new 80's party decorations available to make your space totally awesome! Here are our favorites -
- 80's Swirl Danglers - These easy to hang ceiling swirls will bring color and a bit of the arcade vibe to the party!
- 80's Party Tape - Matching party tape is fun and weatherproof so you can use it outside too.
- 80's Cutouts - Love these for that instant 80's ambiance on the walls.
- Boom Box Centerpiece - This one is my favorite. It's got that 80's 8 bit feel, great for the tables.
And don't forget to decorate your guests too! Hand out 80's glasses, 80's pins, and candy necklaces, and everyone will be ready to party hearty!
80's Table Decorations and Menu
It doesn’t matter if you’re serving a full meal or just appetizers and desserts; make sure your tables look as festive as the rest of your party. We love these 80's paper goods!
There are a variety of colorful paper goods - just choose the color combo you like best!
For an extra treat, make silverware bundles by wrapping plastic cutlery in a napkin and then wrap it with a glow bracelet. You will have to make the bundles the day of the party because the bracelets will start glowing when you wrap them around the silverware, but they will look awesome!
When we think of the 80s, we think of bar food from large chain restaurants. Wings, potato skins, pizza and more. Apparently no one cared about fried food in the 80s and since this is an 80s party, we say go for it! Here are a few other foods and drinks that were popular in the 80's that your guests will love:
- Fig Newtons
- Jell-O Pudding
- Hot Pockets
- Jolt Cola
- Coca-Cola and Pepsi
- Rolling Rock
- Wine in a box or wine coolers, which were BIG in the 80's, (for extra fun use glowing glasses)
Another fun idea is an 80's candy buffet! Here are some fun 80's candies to include -
- ET's Reese's Pieces
- Sloth's Baby Ruth (Fun Sized)
- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man marshmallows
- Pop Rocks
- Big League Chew
- Fun Dip
We also have custom 80's theme favor bags that you can set on the candy buffet as a personal touch!
The 80s was all about music and you will certainly want to have it playing all night long. Pull out your old albums and spin the tunes. Your guests will be singing and dancing all night to the music of Hall and Oates, The Police, Wham, Phil Collins, the list goes on and on. In case you still don’t have a turntable, create CDs of your favorite music - make additional copies because your guests will surely want one. Need some ideas? Be sure to include these songs on your "mix tape":
- Thriller - Michael Jackson
- Like a Virgin - Madonna
- Every Breath You Take - The Police
- When Doves Cry - Prince
- Walk This Way - Aerosmith and Run DMC
- Call Me - Blondie
- Livin' On a Prayer - Bon Jovi
- Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
- Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
- Sweet Child o' Mine - Guns N' Roses
When everyone gets tired of dancing, be ready with some party games. Play 80s style charades or a trivia game. After all, Trivial Pursuit was the game. Will anyone remember the tv show that featured those little blue men (The Smurfs) or know who really did shoot JR? You’ll have as much fun making up the questions as your guests will have playing the game!
Another fun idea is a Cosby sweater fashion show and dance off. Pick up an assortment of awful sweaters from the thrift store and play the Cosby theme song. Have everyone do their best Cosby dance. Winner gets to pick and keep a sweater :)
80's Party Favors
Like the 80's, your party will have to end at some point. Send your guests home with a personalized candy bar, a sweet souvenir of your 80's night. A delicious milk or dark chocolate candy bar surrounded by a personalized 80s theme candy bar wrapper is a tasty way to end the evening.
Rubik’s cube puzzles are great party favors too. Pass them out early and you can have a contest to see who can solve the Rubik’s cube puzzle the fastest.
Here are a few more great options for an 80's party favor grab bag -