some of party girl's favorites...
new orleans street signs
mardi gras door panel
mardi gras shot glass beads
mardi gras glow jewelry
personalized mardi gras bead theme candy bar wrappers
Bead Bash: An Easy Mardi Gras PartyHere's an easy Mardi Gras party. Save your energy to let the good times roll with this easy to plan Mardi Gras celebration. Stick with the one thing we all think of when we think Mardi Gras - BEADS! Set up your party like you're on Bourbon Street and your party will be a blast and one your guests won't stop talking about!
Mardi Gras beads Invitation
Start with a fun bead theme personalized Mardi Gras invitation complete with a graphic of people throwing beads from a balcony on Bourbon Street. We'd suggest going all out and sending your invitation in a padded envelope or box filled with beads!
An authentic ticket invitation is also a great one of a kind invitation to your Mardi Gras party. Choose from traditional Mardi Gras colors, yellow, purple or green and add your own wording.
Here is some fun wording for your Bead Bash party:
Please join in Revelry
Madi Gras Bead Bash!
Saturday, February 15th
Creole Food, King Cake,
Dixieland Jazz, and (of course) BEADS!
It's the next best thing to being on Bourbon Street!
You can make your invitation special with a few of these easy Mardi Gras Ideas:
- Add a string of beads to your invite and mail it in a padded envelope.
- Sprinkle a little Mardi Gras confetti in with the invite.
- Costumes required or are you having a costume contest? Don't forget to mention it!
mardi gras bead theme decorations
Welcome guests with a personalized Mardi Gras bead banner. Pass out Mardi Gras beads for them to wear, or have a basket of beads near the entrace for guests to grab. Then you'll want to decorate your party to look like you've walked right into the middle of Mardi Gras!
- Mardi Gras scene setter and New Orleans street signs will get your guests in the mood for some bead throwing!
- Some street lights & signs will add to the Mardi Gras feel.
- Mardi Gras beads (especially for this party!) are fantastic for decorating! Use them scattered around centerpieces, on buffets or hanging from the lights.
Make your life easy and use Mardi Gras theme paper goods. Choose cutlery in yellow, green and purple. Centerpieces should be tall vases filled to the top with more beads. It will be a great look! (You can even top it off with a fun gold glitter top hat.) Once you've got the basics, add some fun elements to your table:
- Instead of a plate of candy, put a bead theme personalized candy bar at each place.
- Light up glasses for one and all! Doing shots? Do purple, green and yellow Jello shots!
- Trim your buffet tables and bar with metallic table skirts (green, gold or purple).
- Feather boas in Mardi Gras colors running down the middle of the tables are very fun. Snake them in between the dishes on the buffet.
- For a great buffet decoration, fill a clear vase with beads and have large feathers coming out of the top (check your local craft store)
- And be sure to pass out beer labeled with bead theme personalized Mardi Gras beer labels.
It's up to you how you determine who gets the best beads at your party. A bead scavenger hunt (this works well for kids), with beads hidden around the house would be great. Here are some more PG ideas:
- A Mardi Gras trivia contest. (The History of Mardi Gras should help with questions)
- A Mardi Gras costume contest (tell your guests to dress up on the invitation!) is great fun.
- Contest winners should be crowned King and Queen of Mardi Gras with a crown or some extra special party beads.
You can also check out our Mardi Gras Games Page for more fun Mardi Gras party games.
Pass out fun Mardi Gras themed favors to all of your guests. You hand out favors at the end of the party, but these favors are so fun that I would pass them out at the start for all to enjoy! They may not be beads, but they scream Mardi Gras!