Cocktail Party Ideas
Cocktail parties are a blast! Finger foods, drinks with friends, what could be better! Use these easy cocktail party ideas to make your gathering a great time for everyone.
cocktail party Invitations
Party411.com has a great personalized cocktail invitation for this theme. Or you can go all out and have a caricature custom made. Portray your guests of honor in a cocktail dress on the town. Make sure to remind your guests if there's a dress code!
Want to really get fancy? If your group is small or if money is no object, send each guest a martini glass decorated with paint pens. Write on them cute sayings and doodles. Use raffia to tie the invitation to the stem of the glass or make a little card with the invitation information and put it inside the glass. These can also be hand-delivered. Try Crate & Barrel, Target or Pier 1 for inexpensive glasses.
cocktail Decorations and Party Supplies
This is such a simple event that not too much is needed! Flowers and candles for the tables and around the room is simple and elegant. Grab some cute & chic cocktail paper goods, some light up glasses and I'd say your done!
cocktail party Table Decorations and Menu
- A cheese platter is great. Hard cheeses can be cut into bite-sized pieces; set out spreaders for the soft cheeses. Provide crackers and garnishes such as olives, sundried tomatoes and grapes. Count on providing 2 lbs. of cheese for every 10 guests.
- Dips are always crowd pleasers. Try these:
- Salsas and chips
- Crab dip
- Spinach and artichoke dip
- Antipasti is another good choice, or some fruit! Very cute with cocktail forks.
- If you want to serve something a little heavier, I suggest a grilled chicken on skewers.
- Finally, set out a few baskets of fresh, crusty bread with a plate of olive oil and herbs for dipping. Yum!
- Assorted Liquors - Vodka, Gin, Rum, Tequila, Whiskey, Vermouth, Triple Sec... just a short list!
- Mixers - fruit juices (cranberry, orange, pineapple, lemon, lime...), simple syrup, tonic, cola, soda water, ginger ale, sour mix, grenadine...
- Garnishes - orange, lemon & lime slices, maraschino cherries, cocktail olives & ICE!
- Tools - Ice scoop & bucket, salt and sugar glass rimmer, paring knife & cutting board, bottle opener & cork screw, cocktail shaker & strainer, pitcher, long handled spoon, glow cocktail stirrers, bar towels, chic cocktail napkins, & martini glasses.
cocktail games and Activities
- Charades is easy, fun and free!
- During the party, write the name of a famous person on an index card and tape it on your guest's back. As people socialize, they can ask other guests for clues about their famous person.
- Karaoke! Start singing towards the end of the night once everyone has loosened up with a few drinks :)
cocktail Party Favors
Send your guests home with some cute personalized cocktail mint tins or a personalized cocktail candy bar wrapper.
Cheers from Party411, and please consume your drinks responsibly :)