Graduation Pool Party Ideas
It’s all over – high school, college, graduate school – and now it’s time to celebrate! Make a splash with your family and friends, and take advantage of the warm weather by having a pool party. Use our ideas for a graduation pool party and everyone will be happy. Male or female, old or young, this is a party that everyone will love and can easily be customized to your crowd.
Graduation Pool Party Invitations
Your guests will know that your bash will be a splash with a personalized graduation invitation or a more specific personalized pool party invitation. Or use one of these great invite ideas:
- Personalized photo ticket invitations are really hot this year. What better way to showcase your grad's accomplishment than with a pic right on the invite?
- Want a really unique invitation? Let Party411.com design a caricature invitation of your graduate – maybe wearing a bathing suit? Or in their cap and gown (and flip flops)? This wonderful caricature can become a sign-in board, photo opportunity or even thank you notes. It’s the perfect way to easily take care of all your decorating needs.
- You can even make your own invitation using a flip flop or beach ball. Purchase inexpensive versions of these items and write the party information on them with a contrasting colored permanent marker. It may cost a bit more to mail these invitations but it’s definitely worth it – your guests will be talking about your party before it ever starts!
Whatever you decide, make sure to throw a few silk lei flowers (for a girl graduate) or confetti (for either a girl or boy!) in each envelope, and you are good to go!
Graduation Pool Party Decorations and Party Supplies
- Hang a great personalized banner on whatever door or gate your guests will be coming through. You can choose from all of our graduation banners, but of course, we have a graduation pool party banner to match your invitations.
- We like the idea of using these personalized graduation luminary bags to not only welcome your guests but to guide them to the pool.
- Attach groups of graduation balloons in the grad's school colors to the tables, trees, and fence. This will really help define the party area, and it's an easy way to decorate a large open area like a backyard.
- Make sure you have lots of extra towels for your guests. You can even make them part of the décor by hanging colorful beach towels on the chairs or laying them on the grass as picnic blankets. And don't forget that shade is important on hot summer days as well! If you don't have a covered porch or shade tree, set a up a few beach umbrellas on the lawn.
- If your party is being held in the evening, hang twinkle lights on the house, in the bushes, or on the fence surrounding the pool. Mix in a few flip flop lantern garlands, and together you they will give your party a magical feel.
And don’t forget the hanging palm trees and beach balls. Scatter them around the pool and patio; your guests will feel like they’re in a tropical paradise! They are also great backdrops for any photos you take at your party.
Graduation Table Decorations and Menu
We love colorful beach theme paper goods for a pool party. You can set them by the buffet along with silverware bundles (wrap plastic silverware in a paper napkin and wrap these fun dolphin party beads around it). Add a few more of these decorating ideas to finish off your look:
- Cool everyone off by serving frozen drinks in great light up cups (and don't forget the drink umbrella)!
- You can dress up any buffet area with a grass table skirt and balloon bouquets with a mix of metallic sun shaped balloons and latex ones. Don't forget to add a beach ball balloon weight!
- On a hot summer day, or night, nothing tastes better than cold water! Imagine your guest's delight as they sip from water bottles sporting a pool themed personalized bottle label. Or choose a graduation bottle label – whichever you like better. And be sure to get extras because these water bottles make great party favors that your guests are sure to want to take home.
- For cold pops and beer, fill one of these inflatable beach ball coolers with ice and you're ready to go. You might want more than one located in key areas of your party - guests will get thirsty!
- Graduation and graduation parties are all about making memories and what better way to make that happen then to make cameras available to all your guests? Try a few personalized graduation theme cameras and place them all around the tables. Your guests will love picking them up and spontaneously snapping pictures of family and friends. And what a treat for the graduate to have all those photos as a souvenir of a great party?
- As the sun goes down, be sure to have citronella candles or these custom graduation tabletop lanterns on the tables to help light up the night. Want a more dramatic look? Bamboo torch candles are a great look for any area.
With all that splashing around, your guests will be hungry and thirsty. Food that’s easy to eat is definitely the way to go. A barbecue with hamburgers and hotdogs or even delicious hot pizza is all you need to satisfy your guests. (Make sure to use fabric food covers to protect from outdoor pests!)
For dessert, go for favorites like ice cream, ice cream sandwiches and personalized graduation lollipops. You can rent an old fashioned ice cream cart and bring it out at dessert time filled with a variety of fun (and delicious) frozen novelties.
Pool Party Games and Activities
Your guests will probably spend most of their time in the water, but it’s nice to have a few additional activities for them when they're out of the pool. After all, they may get cold and need a break:
- Who doesn’t want to be a “beach babe” or “muscle man”? You can help your guests realize their dreams with this perfect photo opportunity. Or choose one of our graduation cutouts or select a graduate or even a class of 2015 stand up (the possibilities are endless). Set up a camera, and print the pictures as favors before guests head home.
- A light up limbo game is a perfect way to keep the kids entertained after the sun goes down.
- Of course, party wearables are no-hassle entertainment! Beachcomber hats, leis, sailor caps, and neon sunglasses can be piled in baskets around the pool for easy fun.
Check out our long list of summer party games. There's bound to be something that will keep everyone entertained!
Graduation Pool Party Party Favors
- Personalized Pool Party Candy Bar Wrapper - A great way to thank your guests for sharing your special day with you.
- Personalized Graduation Mint Tins - Choose one that fits your graduate the best.
- Personalized Graduation Lollipops - A delicious treat for your guests.
Don't forget a personalized graduation favor bag, so friends and family have somewhere to put all of their goodies!
Your pool party will make a huge splash with everyone. With wonderful products from Party411.com, everyone will be talking about your party long after the pool has closed for the season.