Owl Graduation Party Ideas
Owl Graduation Party Ideas
owl theme graduation party invitations
Timing the invitation delivery for your party is essential because graduation season (May, June, and July) is often crowded with weddings, baby showers, family vacations, and other graduation parties.
This often means that guests’ social calendars quickly fill up, sometimes months in advance. Make sure your most important guests will be able to attend by setting a date in January. Consult with grandparents first and have them save the date, so they are guaranteed to attend.
Make sure to follow these tips as well so your guests are sure to RSVP with a YES:
- Let your guests know when to get down and party by mailing a personalized owl theme invitation. Add graduation cap confetti that matches the invite to give your friends and family a surprise when they open the mail.
- Want to let everyone know your grad is turning the tassel? Mail an owl themed graduation announcement to let family and friends across the country know they're going to cross the stage! These announcements also work well as save-the-dates for the upcoming graduation party season.
- Make the invitation a special memento and go all out for your grad by ordering a custom graduation invitation. To convey the theme, perch owls in a tree overlooking the graduate who is wearing a university sweatshirt and has books piled high in his or her arms.
Here are some examples of invitation wording that you can use to fit an owl theme:
Graduations are a HOOT!Come celebrate with Williamon Saturday, June 6 from 12-4 pm3571 Jaycox RoadAvon, Ohio 44127Look Whooooo’s Graduating!Please join us at our nest forEmma’s Graduation Party!Guess Whooooo’s Graduating?Fly On Over to Celebrate with Sarah!
Whatever you decide, make sure to send your invites 4-6 weeks in advance so guests can mark down the date in their schedules.
owl theme graduation decorations and party supplies
Try these décor twists with an owl theme to make your party a hit with family and friends:
Personalize Your Party!
Add a custom touch to your owl themed party with this personalized décor:
- Owl Theme Banner: Hang this sign over the front door or your sign-in table. Feel free to hang it out of doors on a deck or tent because this baby is water resistant.
- Owl Theme Water Bottle Labels: Hand personalized water bottles out to guests on a hot summer day. Include a message on the back to honor your bright grad.
- Life-Sized Graduate Cutout: The grad may be too busy to welcome every guest to the party, so surprise your guest of honor, family, and friends with a life-sized cutout at the entrance! Add some graduation yard stakes for a perfect photo-op.
Since owls are nocturnal, make sure your party is too. Incorporate stars and lanterns throughout your venue to bring out the night owl in your guests:
- Owl Lanterns: Use paper lanterns to make hanging owls. Cut large eyes from black and white construction paper, and a beak from orange. Glue the eyes and beak directly onto the lantern, and hang a series of them with white string lights. These lanterns will make quite an impression over a buffet table or in the roof of a tent as the party goes into the night.
- Balloons: Light up the night with graduation balloons in odd numbers, and place bundles on the buffet and sign-in tables. Your guests won’t be able to miss them! Weigh them down with sparkly star balloon weights.
- Starry Night Hanging Décor: Hang these stars from ceilings and door frames.
Like owls, your grad must be pretty smart! Show your stamp of approval by incorporating academic touches to the sign-in table:
- Try using a large chalkboard propped up on the sign-in table, asking guests to leave well wishes and advice for the new grad. Label the board “Words to the Wise” and draw a small owl in the corner to include the theme.
- Use small chalkboards as table numbers to direct guests to their seats, too.
- Use a Graduation Hat Card Box on the sign-in table so family and friends can easily drop off cards and gifts before heading into the party!
- Cut a large square of craft paper and mount it on a wall by the sign-in table or where the guests enter. Create large curls at the top and bottom to make it look like a diploma. Don't forget permanent markers so guests can leave words of advice to the guest of honor.
Give your tables a woodland touch so guests (and owls) can’t help but perch there:
- Owl Cupcakes: Make owl cupcakes by twisting apart two Oreos and using the cream half to make eyes. Use brown Reese’s Pieces as pupils and an orange one as a beak. Arrange 8-12 of these treats on a tiered polka dot cupcake tray in the center of the table; these cute cupcakes serve as both a dessert and decoration.
- Piled Books: Stack an assortment of books in the center of each table and tie them with a vintage book strap. Perch a stuffed animal owl or a graduation cap on top. Add a bunch of graduation balloons to finish off the look!
- Oak Stumps: Place a small stump in the center of each table. Stack pillar candles on the top to give height to your centerpiece.
- Branch Centerpieces: Fill a tall vase with an assortment of branches and hang bird and owl ornaments from the sturdy ones.
- Graduation Tabletop Lanterns: Keep it simple with a tabletop lantern, and customize with a picture of the grad!
- Graduation Cap Centerpiece: This cascade centerpiece is no-hassle but still stands out.
- Pine Cone Confetti: Use pine cones along with graduation confetti around your woodland themed centerpieces.
Send your guests home with something to remember your awesome grad party! A great option is a candy buffet, where family and friends can pick and choose their favorites, putting handfuls in a personalized owl party favor bag. Choose candy in your grad’s school colors and serve them from glass jars with metal scoops. Pile trays high with popcorn balls and cotton candy; these options are cheap and fill the table to overflowing.
Try these other owl themed favors which match the invite and decorations while also adding a custom touch:
- Personalized Owl Theme Mint Tins
- Personalized Owl Theme Cookies
- Personalized Owl Theme Candy Bar Wrappers
- Personalized Owl Theme Lollipops