some of the party girl's favorites...
Graduation Party - An Easy Open House
Having an easy open house graduation party is a great way to accommodate all of the well wishers your grad is sure to have. Just follow these simple directions and your graduation open house will get an A+!
1. Send Your Graduation Party Invitation
- Personalize Your Party! Send a fantastic Personalized Graduation Invitation to get everyone excited about the party. Or check out these photo ticket invitations - they're sure to be a hit! Backstage passes and semi-custom caricatures for a boy or a girl styles are always popular.
- A great way to make the invitation stand out from the rest is to include a little graduation confetti in each envelope. A no-hassle addition that packs a punch!
2. decorate your home
- Welcome guests with a Grad Letter Banner that you can customize with your graduate's name. Or hang up a Personalized Graduation Banner that lets you add a picture of your grad as well as a message!
- A Graduation Cap Ceiling Decoration will brighten any doorway or room. Hang it behind the buffet to make this important area pop!
- Set up a sign-in table with mementos and pictures of the graduate. This is a good place for scrapbooks, awards, senior projects, team photos and prom pictures! Why not have guests sign a matted picture of the grad or a personalized graduation sign-in board to keep as a reminder of this special day?
- The sign-in table is also a great place to put Grad Cap Card Box or small basket for gifts and cards.
- Bunches of graduation balloons can be scattered throughout the party area to tie it all together. Group them in odd numbers (it looks nicer) and add a grad cap balloon weight. School colors is a great color scheme for balloon bouquets!
3. create a menu and decorate your tables
- You don't want to serve a big meal at this party since the idea of the open house is to let people come and go all day. Just set out a buffet of foods for guests to help themselves. Don't forget graduation theme paper goods - they're perfect for an easy graduation party (no dishes!).
- Here are a few things that I have seen work well at graduation open house parties -
- Pasta (baked ziti, lasagna, mac & cheese)
- Baked Beans
- Party Meatballs
- Pasta Salad
- Veggie Tray
- Fruit Salad
- Spinach Artichoke Dip (great in a crock pot)
- Taco/Burrito/Nacho Bar
- Baked Potatoes and Toppings Bar
- Dessert Buffet (cookies, brownies, cupcakes)
- Serve foods in large disposable foil roasting pans. The lids will keep the bugs out. You can layer two pans together with a bit of ice in between to keep foods cool (like the fruit), and buy stands and sterno to keep the rest warm. Do not set your buffet up in a sunny area! In the house is best, or at the very least in the shade.
- For drinks, fill an inflatable cooler with several 12 packs of your family's favorite sodas, lemonade, and water with personalized graduation water bottle labels. Offer a variety; a cola (Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper), a clear soda (7-Up, Sprite, Squirt), a diet option, a non-caffeinated beverage or two (root beer, fruit punch, lemonade, sports drink, juice boxes), and bottled water. If you serve alcohol, place the beer in a separate cooler to keep out the kids.
- Display food on Grad Cap Serving Trays.
- Since everyone will be eating on the go, make silverware bundles by wrapping plastic utensils with a napkin and some colorful party beads in the grad's school colors.
- Instead of open bowls of chips on the tables, fill bowls with snack size bags of chips and pretzels. It will keep the bugs away, and you won't have dozens of hands in the food :)
- Personalize Your Party! Add some fun and personality to your tables with these great Tabletop Lanterns. You can add a photo and your own wording, and they come with LED candles! Finish the look by scattering graduation confetti around each one.
4. decorate your guests
- When your guests walk in, hand them a graduation wearable to get them in the mood to party! Here are a few of our favorites:
5. handout favors saying "thanks for coming!"
Your grad will never forget such a fantastic party! Make sure your guests don't either by sending them home with a fun party favor:
- Personalized Mint and Candy Tins are wonderful favors that you can customize with a photo of the graduate or a special message.
- Personalized Candy Bar Wrappers are delicious favors that will have your guests talking about your party long after it's over.
- Personalized Lollipops are perfect for younger guests. They won't be able to keep their hands off them!
- Personalized Graduation Favor Bags are a perfect place for family and friends to put all of their goodies. Make sure you put them in an obvious place on your favor table.
Have fun planning your easy grad party, and congratulation from the Party Girl!