Sweet 16 party games help make a fantastic party. One that is truly fabulous! Sweet Sixteen party games add to the excitement, so have a ball.
If your party is at a restaurant or community center, a dance off is perfect to get everyone dancing. Hire a D.J. or band to provide entertainment all night.
Sweet 16 Karaoke or Lip Syncing Contest
- At a dance off people dance for as long as they can until the music stops. And if they stop while the music is still playing they are disqualified.
- Coordinate a time when the music can start for the dance off. A good time would be after dinner.
- Make cards out of poster board and markers that say, “You Are Out.” Ask a few of your relatives or your little brother or sister to keep score.
- Hand out glow bracelets; light up jewelry, and noisemakers to everyone who is going to dance.
- When the music starts grab all of your friends and start the rump shaking.
- As soon as someone stops dancing the scorekeeper raises the sign that says “You Are Out.”
- The last few people on the dance floor are the winners.
- You can play several rounds and also award prizes for best dance moves, most creative, or most ridiculous.
- A great prize for this game is inflatable microphones!
- Karaoke Machine
- CD Player
- Select a play list that includes all Sweet 16 Songs. Here is a good list for you to choose from.
- The Crests - Sixteen Candles
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday Sweet 16
- Hilary Duff - Sweet Sixteen
- Kiss - Christine Sixteen
- The Jackson 5 - Sixteen Candles
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen You're Beautiful
- Sam Cooke - She Was Only 16
- Ronnie Milsap - Happy Happy Birthday Baby
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen You're Beautiful ...
- Lenny Gomulka - Happy Birthday Sweet 16
- Stevie Wonder - Happy Birthday
- Billy Idol - Sweet Sixteen
- Billy Ray Cyrus - Always Sixteen
- B.B. King - Sweet Sixteen
- Al Green - Sweet Sixteen
- Carly Simon - Happy Birthday
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Var Irish Tenors - When You Were Sweet 16
- Britney Sprears - I'm Not A Girl Not A Woman Yet
- Jordan Hill - Remember Me This Way
- Beyonce – Sweet Sixteen
- Then, get the DJ and Karaoke machine cued up and start the fun.
- Have guests lip sync or karaoke to the sweet sixteen songs.
- Award prizes for best in show, the funniest, most ridiculous and more categories.
Project Runway Contest
This is a glamorous Sweet 16 party game for an all girls Sweet 16 party.
Denim & Diamonds Scavenger Hunt
- Go to the local thrift store and purchase a bunch of clothes, shoes, and other accessories that match different styles and looks. For example, 80’s, punk, rock girl, hip hop, Britney Spears, Avril Levine, etc. Make sure you have enough items for all of your guests.
- Set up the runway with Red Carpet Runner and Star Lights.
- Write on index cards the different styles.
- Select 3 people to act as judges. Choose some people that aren’t part of the party, so that all of the girls can participate.
- Put all of the items in different baskets or piles.
- Give everyone an index card.
- Using the clothes, makeup, and accessories provided the guests have to create the look on their index card.
- Then, start the music and have the girls strut down the runway.
- Select winners for the best design and the one who best matched their look on their index card.
- Hot Glue
- Glue Gun
- Blank Stationery Cards
- Silver Paint Markers
- Jeans or Denim Fabric
- Costume Jewelry
- Jewelry Boxes and Bags from Famous Jewelry Stores
- Chocolate Candy
- First, you will want to purchase everything at a craft store and vintage or thrift store, such as the costume jewelry and jeans.
- Call around at local and famous jewelry stores to see if you can purchase or if they will give to you some of their shopping bags and boxes. If not, you can make your own.
- To make the clues, take blank stationery cards and write the clue number on the outside of the card with the silver paint markers. Then, type out the clues and put on the inside. The clues should be related to the jewelry, jeans and fine denim. For example, what jewelry store sells its diamonds in bright blue boxes and Audrey Hepburn made them famous? (Tiffany) Make sure that each clue leads them to a different destination within the party room.
- Cut the jeans up (if using) or denim fabric into hearts. Glue on the rhinestones and place in the boxes and bags along with the costume jewelry and chocolate candies. Then place them at each clue destination. This then becomes their favor.
- The winner is the one who finishes first.