70th Birthday Party Ideas Section Header
70th Birthday Party Ideas Callout Links
70th Birthday Party Ideas Content Imagesome of party girl's favorites...
custom candy bar wrappers
70th Birthday Party IdeasCelebrate a 70th birthday the right way... with friends, family and a lot of fun! 70 is a special milestone, so make sure you give the guest of honor a great time. With easy 70th birthday ideas and custom touches, this will be a party remembering the great times and making fun new memories!
70th Birthday Party Invitations
- 70th Birthday Invitations - Our most popular milestone birthday invitations... lots of designs to choose from!
- Ticket Invitations - A unique way to invite everyone to the hottest event of the year!
- Caricature Invitation - A caricature invitation not only creates a great piece of art you can use several times during your event but it will also let you feature hobbies and character traits that can help theme your party. This is a completely custom invite, the only limit is your imagination!
- Join us in wishing Christine a very Happy Birthday as she turns 70!
- Jackie is turning 70, isn't that great? We're having a party so please save the date!
- In case you didn't know, this year Jim's turning the big 7-0. Come party and join the fun, and we'll make this birthday a great one!
Other fun ideas for the entrance:
- A balloon arch
- Balloon bouquets flanking the doorway
- A lifesized cutout of the guest of honor with a speech bubble welcoming the guests
- Set up a table with mementos and pictures from the life of the birthday guy or gal (graduations, wedding day, past birthdays).
- A sign in where guests can leave birthday wishes is a fun element to add. You can set out an oversized birthday card, a guest book, or a personalized sign in board.
- "On the Day You Were Born"- Go to the nearest library branch with a newspaper archive. Copy some news articles from the "birth day" if you can. You can also search online for major events that happened the year of the guest of honor's birth, and print out a few "fun facts from the year of your birth" sheets. Leave them on the tables around the room for great conversation starters.
There are a lot of fun 70th birthday decorations available with 70s on them. Here are some fun 70th birthday party supplies that will add some color to the party room:
Standard birthday decorations also work great for a 70th birthday party. Have oodles of colorful crepe paper streamers decorating the ceiling. Fill the room with colorful balloon bouquets. Keep everything colorful and the room will look great!
There are pleanty of great ways to decorate the tables -
- Mini frames with pictures of the birthday boy or girl at different ages makes a fun centerpiece, and you can scatter 70 confetti on the tabletop to add color.
- A Personalized Photo Centerpiece is a custom and versatile table decoration. For a low centerpiece add flowers or a candle to the center; if the room is large have a balloon bouquet come out of the middle!
- Photo Tabletop Lanterns are another custom option that work really well on long tables, placed every few seats. You personalize the lantern with a photo of the guest of honor and a message, and it is lit inside so that the lantern glows on the table.
- A fun 70th birthday theme beverage napkin is a nice extra touch for the bar or the dessert table.
- If you need a little color add a 70 cascade centerpiece. It's great for the sign in table, the gift tables, the bar, buffet, or on each dinner table.
- Table decoration that doubles as a party favor - 70th birthday glasses! Perfect as a placecard or a napkin ring!
- A balloon arch over the buffet would be a great party decoration. For a less involved (but just as fun substitute), use crepe paper to create a canopy over the table.
Do a slideshow - Include pictures in a "Then and Now" format, or do a "Looking Back, and Looking Forward" which includes place's the guest of honor want to go see, or things he or she wants to do after 70.
Crank up the music - If you have the space and budget for it, hire a DJ or band to rock the dance floor. Include the guest of honor's favorite tunes, or just a great dance mix that will get everyone out of their chairs to celebrate!
70th Birthday Party Favors
Memories of a wonderful evening are always the best souvenir but it's nice to send your guests home with a personalized party favor that celebrates the big day. Here are a few ideas for 70th birthday party favors:
- Personalized Candy Bar Wrappers with dark or milk chocolate and a personalized message, including custom wording on the ingredients!
- Mint and Candy Tins - add a message and even a photo to many designs, a very popular party favor.
- Photo Cookies - add a photo of the guest of honor for a real treat!