60 is Nifty Callout Links
60 is Nifty Content Imagesome of party girl's favorites...
personalized 60th birthday invitations and favors
60th birthday confetti
celebrate 60 party supplies
60th birthday light up balloons
60th birthday sunglasses
light up barware
custom candy bar wrappers
personalized mint and candy tins
60th Birthday Party Ideas60 is a BIG milestone and a great excuse to have a BIG party! Celebrate the big 6-0 with these 60th birthday party ideas that showcase how SUPER the guest of honor is.
60th Birthday Party Invitations
Start the party off right with a invitation that really highlights the guest of honor!
- 60th Birthday Invitations - Our most popular milestone birthday invitations... lots of designs to choose from!
- Ticket Invitations - A unique way to invite everyone to the hottest event of the year!
- Over The Hill Birthday Invitations - Several great designs for an Over the Hill themed 60th birthday party.
- Caricature Invitation - A caricature invitation not only creates a great piece of art you can use several times during your event but it will also let you feature hobbies and character traits that can help theme your party. This is a completely custom invite, the only limit is your imagination!
If you pick a style that has a spot for a photo, consider putting a picture of the guest of honor when they were a little baby!
You can make your own 60th birthday invitation with cardstock and a printer. Throw some 60th birthday confetti in the envelope to make it special. Include some fun wording -60th birthday decorations and party supplies
He's seen it all, done it all, and can't remember most of it.
But don't forget to come and celebrate with him -
Brian's turning 60!or how about some fun "Over the Hill" wording?We are laying John's youth to rest... will you come pay your last respects?Join us for dinner and drinks to morn the passing of 60 good years.
Invitation Tips: Traditionally, it is advised to send out invitations eight weeks before your event. At the very least get the invites out 2-4 weeks before the party. The sooner the better, but don't let this keep you from getting killer invitations at the last minute. You can always rush them if time is an issue. Make sure you include the reason for the party (Jim's 40th Birthday), the date/time, and the location of the party. You can also include RSVP information and the host/hostess name.
You have some great options here. Consider hanging a personalized photo banner of the guest of honor, using a current picture or a baby picture for giggles!60th table decorations and menu
60th birthday party ideas that we love (and will make the guest of honor feel SUPER special!):
- Set up a table with mementos and pictures from the life of the birthday guy or gal (graduations, wedding day, past birthdays).
- A sign in where guests can leave birthday wishes is a fun element to add. You can set out an oversized birthday card, a guest book, or a personalized sign in board.
- "On the Day You Were Born"- Go to the nearest library branch with a newspaper archive. Copy some news articles from the "birth day" if you can. You can also search online for major events that happened the year of the guest of honor's birth, and print out a few "fun facts from the year of your birth" sheets. Leave them on the tables around the room for great conversation starters.
For this birthday menu you should serve the guest of honor's favorites. Self-serve really is the way to go if your party is at home, and it makes for easy mingling around the buffet table. If you are having the party at home and it is more casual, use paper goods to add decoration and color to the tables and buffet.If you are renting a banquet room, or your restaurant or caterer will provide menu choices and presumably the plate and glasses. You can stil add a little fun to the tables -
- Mini frames with pictures of the birthday boy or girl at different ages makes a fun centerpiece, and you can scatter confetti on the tabletop to add color.
- A Personalized Photo Centerpiece is a custom and versatile table decoration. For a low centerpiece add flowers or a candle to the center; if the room is large have a balloon bouquet come out of the middle!
- Photo Tabletop Lanterns are another custom option that work really well on long tables, placed every few seats. You personalize the lantern with a photo of the guest of honor and a message, and it is lit inside so that the lantern glows on the table.
- A fun 60th birthday theme beverage napkin is a nice extra touch for the bar or the dessert table.
Don't forget to have a great birthday cake! Depending on your guest list size, it might be fun to do 60 individual cupcakes served on a tiered party tray, with a birthday candle in each cupcake. What a photo op that will be! If you are having more than 60 people you can always hide another box of cupcakes under the table and restock the tray as needed.
For another personal touch, consider these personalized water bottle labels or custom beer bottle labels, which your guests will love! The combination of table decorations and photos will make for a great milestone birthday celebration.
60th games and activities
Let your party location dictate your activities. I think you'll find your guests are happy to enjoy each other's company. One activity that is always a hit is a slideshow. Include pictures in a "Then and Now" format, or do a "Looking Back, and Looking Forward" which includes place's the guest of honor want to go see, or things he or she wants to do after 60.
If you have the space and budget for it, hire a DJ or band to rock the dance floor. Include the guest of honor's favorite tunes, or just a great dance mix that will get everyone out of their chairs to celebrate!
You can also have a roast. Make sure your guests know your plan, and ask them to bring a favorite story to tell. You can do a celebrity roast format where a variety of guests get "on stage" to poke fun at the star of the show. We don't want to hurt anyone's feelings (at least not too much), so use this approach only if you know the guests and are sure they won't "cross the line." The other option is to have a single person do the roasting. Best friends are perfect for this. They know all the secret little stories, but they also know where to draw the line.
60th Birthday Party Favors
Memories of a wonderful evening are always the best souvenir but it's nice to send your guests home with a personalized party favor that celebrates the big day. Here are some super 60th birthday party favors:
- Personalized Candy Bar Wrappers with dark or milk chocolate and a personalized message, including custom wording on the ingredients!
- Mint and Candy Tins - add a message and even a photo to many designs, a very popular party favor.
- Photo Cookies - add a photo of the guest of honor for a real treat!
From us here at Party411.com we hope you have a Super 60th Birthday Party!