some of party girl's favorites...
construction pals ultimate party pack
construction cone cup
construction cone candles
construction pals matching game
candy filled tools
construction pals favor kit
tools squirt toys
Truck, Tools, & Construction
Construction Pals Invitations
It won’t take long for the replies to come in once the kids get their invitation to this party. Use the Construction Pals fill-in-the-blank invite or personalize the invite with the Construction Pals photo invitation. To really get noticed, wrap the invitation in “caution” party tape just like the real thing they use at construction sites.
Construction Party Decorations and Party Supplies
Whether you decide to have the party indoors or out, a great way to welcome everyone is with orange traffic cones that scream CONSTRUCTION. Most likely, you can borrow them from your street department. Make a special entrance for the kids by using the Kids Zone construction tape to make an X over the door with just enough room for them to walk through. (Adults will have to go in the back door…but they won’t care!)
Get The Kids Involved: Decorating construction party hard hats is a great activity prior to the party. Let your child put the name of each guest on the front of a hard hat with a black marker. Or make a cute logo (e.g., CCC: Chuckie’s Construction Co.) and color copy it onto labels that can be applied to the front. Add the guest’s name below in a different color. You can put the hard hats at each place on your table or pass them out as the children arrive.
- Borrow a sawhorse like you see at every construction site (unless you have one) and attach the Construction Pals personalized banner to it outside or in (great way to barricade those little ones from going in the living room, no?).
- Construction area traffic signs are available and can be used as décor for the party and for over someone’s bed when all is said and done. That’s one way to remember the best party ever.
- Using the removable construction wall decorations on a piece of foam board, make an autograph board for all the other construction workers to sign. The set comes with 23 pieces, so use any extra trucks and signs to decorate the room.
- The dump truck Mylar balloons are the way to go to decorate around the room and on the table—add some black and yellow latex to the bouquet to save money.
The table should be your focal point for this party because it can just be soooo cute. Here are a few quick and easy ideas:
- Tape an “x” on each chair with the caution tape mentioned above.
- Use the Bulldozer Piñata as a centerpiece and after the ice cream and cake hang it somewhere where the kids can “deconstruct” it!
- Instead of hanging the Construction Pals wall decals on the wall, use them as placemats—a great way to decorate your table.
- Make sure to use the personalized black and yellow “caution” Construction Pals paper goods (the dump truck dinner plates and the yellow and black striped napkins scream the theme).
- At each place, put a Construction Cone Cup filled with juice of choice—it even comes complete with a straw! Make sure to make a couple of table tents or a sign for the wall that says, “HARD HAT AREA”…
A fast food lunch is the way to go. What construction site doesn’t have a row of workers sitting on a wall wolfing down cheeseburgers and fries or a hotdog with the works? Construction workers don’t eat chicken fingers, no way.
Construction Pals Games and Activities
Use these ideas to make the kids feel like they really work in construction! Make sure they wear their hard hats. And be sure to check out our Kids Birthday Party Games for more great ideas!
- Let the kids “construct” cupcakes at a cupcake bar. Give them the cupcakes without the frosting and let them frost and decorate one to take home.
- Build houses out of graham crackers using graham crackers, of course, frosting and other edibles.
- Get the Construction Pals Match ‘em Up game—they say it’s great for math and language skills; I say it’s great fun!
- Get out the Legos™.
Construction Party Party Favors
Since by the end of the party everyone will know lady bugs are good luck, send them home with favors that will remind them how lucky they were to celebrate with you! Try…