Western Birthday Party Ideas
What could be more fun than a western theme birthday party? Fun western theme decorations like bandannas, hay and wanted posters, plus the cowboys grub of choice.... BBQ! It will be a hee-hawin', cattle ropin', square dancin' good time!
Western Party Invitations
An invitation sets the tone for the party before it ever starts – so round up your friends and family with one of our personalized western invitations. We really like the Western Hoedown Invitation too. Add some boot scootin' confetti to whichever invitation to really excite your guests!
Birthdays beg for a truly one of a kind invitation! Use your creativity and create invitations that are personal and set the stage for your Western birthday party! Sure you might have to pay a little more on postage but nobody will send regrets! (You are a member of the Wild West!) Here are our favorite western birthday party ideas for invitations:
- Create a WANTED poster as the invitation to your party! Roll it up with all of the party details on the inside, and tie it with a bandana. Use parchment colored paper and black lettering.
- Hand deliver a cowboy hat to your guests with all of the exciting party details folded up inside of the hat. Make sure to remind your guests, no cowboy hat, no entrance!
- Really make a ringing impression with customized cowbells, paint the name of each guest on the outside and attach the party details to the ringer inside. Send or hand-deliver. Cowbells can be found at your local novelty store or discount mass merchandiser.
Use fun Western Party Wording for your invitations:
- You are WANTED at Jim's 50th Birthday!
- Saddle Up for a 60th Birthday!
- Giddy Up On Over for a Hootin' Hollern' Good Time
- Calling All Cowboys and Cowgirls... Mitch is turning 40!
- Yee Haw! Rita is turning 70!
- It's Going to be a Wild Wild Western Birthday Celebration
- We are going to Round Up all of Sal's friends and family for a birthday hoedown!
Western Birthday Decorations and Party Supplies
- Welcome your guests with one of our personalized western banners so that everyone knows where the hoedown is! Don't worry we also have a matching Western Hoedown banner.
- You can also decorate the party entrance with a few bales of hay and a lasso or two for a real western welcome.
- First hang a few scene setters and then hang wanted posters throughout your venue.
- As your guests walk into the party room make sure they jump right into the western theme. At the entrance of the party have a life-sized cutout of the guest of honor as either a cowboy, cowgirl or even as a bull rider!
- You can place a basket full of bandanas, cowboy hats and western beads so your guests can enhance their attire if they desire. Yee haw!
Western table decorations and menu
western games and activities
Day or night, great entertainment is key to the success of any party. Your guests will be standing in line to have their pictures taken with a life size photo opportunity as a cowboy or cowgirl.
Another great western party activity is square or line dancing. You can hire a professional "caller" to entertain you with authentic square dancing, or bring in a professional dance instructor to teach you how to do-si-do and 2 step.
More fun Western Party Games:
- Musical Chairs with Bales of Hay
- Shoot Cans with rubberband guns
- Pin the Tail on the Horse
- Panning for gold (fools gold + leveling sand + water in a kiddie pool)
western party favors