70's Disco Birthday Party
70's Disco Birthday Party Invitations
- Check out the disco themed male semi-custom caricature and female semi-custom caricature invitations! Just add a photo of the birthday boy or girl and your party info! If you choose this invite, use it throughout your party for a sign in board, welcome cutout, photo opportunity or even thank you notes.
- If you're asking guests to dress up, send a disco ball necklace along with each invite. They'll have an instant start to their party costumes! (Don't forget to tell guests to arrive in costume on your invite, too.)
- Guests will love getting a birthday ticket invitation to the best disco party ever! Or make your family and friends feel like VIPs with a backstage pass invite.
- Make a disco record invite for a DIY touch. Cut circles from cardstock, and write your party info on each one. Then glue each one to the front of these fun plastic records!
- A disco party is going to have one hoppin' dance floor, so burn a cd of some of the 70s hits you plan to have at your party. Make a card for the "cd booklet" that lists all of your party info.
- A handful of 70s confetti is a fun and easy addition to any envelope.
Great wording helps make a great invite. We came up with a few for you to choose from:
You're invited to one groovy party
To celebrate Dan's 45th birthday!
Put on your boogie shoes
And hustle on over to
Lisa's disco birthday party!
Wear your disco threads,
The DJ will provide the beat,
For a good time,
Just bring your dancing feet!
Whatever you decide, make sure to send out your invites at least 6-8 weeks ahead. You want guests to have enough time to mark their calendars and RSVP.
Wow your guests with a personalized Disco theme banner! It is weather proof so you can hang it outside, or place it over the buffet as a room decoration.
As everyone comes into the party room, greet them with a lifesize cutout of the guest of honor dressed in Disco gear; there's a version for guys and there's a version for girls.
Make sure to hire a DJ, or you ask a family member run the iPod. Whatever you decide, make sure to decorate your dance floor and the surrounding areas with 70s theme party supplies:
- Disco Ball - Hang this right above the dance floor. Buy strobe and black lights to set up around the space to add some more glam!
- Disco Night Scene Setter - The perfect way to set your disco scene!
- Disco 24" Dangles - These fun and easy ceiling decorations will bring a lot of color to the room.
- Disco Electric Lights - Add these around the bar; they'll catch everyone's attention. Of course, these disco ball glasses are another great addition to the bar.
Disco Birthday Party Table Decorations and Menu
Set out some disco paper goods, or if this is a milestone birthday think about using these milestone birthday paper goods. Themed paper goods are a great place to start, but make sure to decorate your tables with 70s theme party supplies, too:
- Disco dancer piñatas make festive centerpieces, too! Then, just add some light up balloons to each one to finish off the look.
- A disco ball with a base also makes a great theme centerpiece. They are available in 3 different sizes, so you can vary them by table.
- Table lanterns are a fun personalized centerpiece! Customize it with a picture of the birthday boy or girl during their disco days.
- Keep it simple with a disco fever cascade centerpiece!
70's Disco Activities and Games
Day or night, great entertainment is key to the success of any party. The dance floor is going to be the main draw at this party! Make sure to play everyone's favorite 70s hits:
- "Dance to the Music" - Sly and the Family Stone
- "YMCA" - The Village People (hand out YMCA hats for this one!)
- "Crocodile Rock" - Elton John
- "I Feel Love" - Donna Summer
- "Brick House" - The Commodores
- "Le Freak" - Chic
- "That's the Way I Like It" - KC and the Sunshine Band
- "Get Down Tonight" - KC and the Sunshine Band
- "Celebration" - Kool & the Gang
- "Lady Marmalade" - Patti LaBelle
- Family and friends will be standing in line to have their pictures taken with a male life size and female life size photo op. Make your guests dreams come true as they are transformed into the disco dancer of their dreams!
- Set up an area with classic 70s boardgames: Twister, Trouble, and Chutes and Ladders are essential!
- Glow sticks, jewelry, and accessories are always a great addition to any party! People love decorating themselves, and these are perfect on a dark dance floor.
- A balloon drop over the dance floor is an exciting way to end the evening!
Disco Party Favors
Choose to send your guests home with a sweet treat! A scrumptious milk or dark chocolate candy bar with a personalized disco birthday wrapper is a delicious souvenir.
Another fun 70's party favor would be to have a Pet Rock for all your guests, complete with name, personality and preferences listed. If you're having seating, then a Pet Rock also makes a great seating card! Or line the up on a table covered with a piece of astro turf and have your guests pick out a pet as they leave.
Handout birthday theme party favor bags to each guest filled with some of these goodies:
- Smile Bubbles
- Wind Up Smiles
- 70's Candy - Candy Buttons, Clark Bar, Pop Rocks, Goobers, Fun Dip, Double Bubble, Candy Necklace
Enjoy some disco fever at your next party, and happy birthday from the Party Girl!