some of party girl's favorites...
personalized valentine's day invitation
life size love struck cutout
valentine's day tableware
red LED sunglasses
personalized valentine's day candy bar wrapper
Truth or Dare
It seems like yesterday that I was sitting in my best friend's basement at her "sleep over" party playing Truth or Dare. It was a game of chance, hoping that your best friend wouldn't make you reveal your secret crush. It was also a game of fear; being scared that your best friend would make you call the boy you like, and ask him out. It boggles the mind as to why people would put themselves through this, knowing that it can only end in some form of embarrassment.
Maybe it's the rush, or the sheer excitement of love in the air that makes us want to play this crazy game. Does this sound all too familiar? Has it been too long since you've told the truth or taken a dare? Well come with us, and take a walk on the wild side with a Truth or Dare Affair for Valentine's Day!
truth or dare Invitations
You can send homemade decorated hearts cut out of red construction paper. Fold them together, so that only half the heart is visible. Write, "Truth or Dare" on the front of the closed heart, and decorate it with glitter, sequins, lace, or whatever you have on hand.
When your friends receive the invitations, they can open the envelope and see the question, "Truth or Dare?" at the top of the heart. On the inside, write the details of the party on the left: Date, place, time, dress, etc. Under these details, write a "Truth" question like, "How do you plan to have fun at my party?" On the right side, write a "Dare" like, "I dare you to come and have a blast"!
Don't want to do the DIY route? Try one of these ready made invite ideas:
- Give your friends something to remember with a personalized Valentine’s Day invitation while making your life easier at the same time.
- Don't forget to pop some paper confetti and Valentine's Day stickers for a surprise!
- You can never go wrong with a ticket invitation, which your friends can use to get into your Truth or Dare Affair.
Don't forget to send your invites out 6-8 weeks in advance so your friends can mark their calendars.
Valentine's Day Decorations
The choices for Valentine’s Day decorations are getting better all the time. Here are a few of our favorite Valentine's Day decorations:
- Votive Candles - buy plenty, they are inexpensive and will go a long way in your party area
- Heart Whirls - these easy and fun ceiling decorations will bring a lot of color to the room
- Heart Cutouts - a great all over decoration
- Flowers - whether you go with red roses or pink carnations, flowers are always perfect for Valentine's Day
Don't forget you can always go with red and white lumi-loon balloons! Add a love balloon weight for a great look.
Valentine's Day Table Decorations
Valentine's Day Table Decorations
Make your tables pop with some Valentine's Day decorations that match your Truth and Dare theme:
- Scatter some Valentine confetti and heart-shaped chocolates all over the tables.
- Red LED silk roses in vases will make great centerpieces.
- You can also make place cards with a silly dare on one side, and the person's name on the other (One dare could be, "Sing for your supper").
- Put these floating LED roses in a low clear bowl for an easy centerpiece.
truth or dare Activities
Play Truth or Dare of course! Gather your guests into a group, and have a seat. This is a simple game to play and has very little rules. Choose one person to begin. The "beginner" gets to choose who goes first by asking someone, "Truth or dare?" The chosen person must respond either "Truth" or "Dare". If he/she responds, "Truth", then he/she must respond truthfully to any question asked. If he/she responds, "Dare", he/she must perform a dare that is presented to him/her (no matter what). Prizes are not usually awarded. However, if the host/hostess chooses, small prizes can be awarded for dares once they are successfully completed.
Sample Questions for Truth or Dare
- Who is most beautiful person you know (inside and out).
- If you could date anyone in the world, who would it be?
- Which famous couple throughout history would you like to be a part of?
- What is your most romantic dream?
- What is your most romantic memory?
- If you could kiss anyone in the world, who would it be?
- What is the most annoying habit that a romantic partner of yours has ever had?
- What is your biggest pet peeve, having to do with a romantic partner?
- What is the quality that is most important to you in a romantic partner?
- How many times during the day do you think romantic thoughts?
- Which relationship appeals to you more, a wild passionate one, or a quiet calm one.
Sample Dares for Truth or Dare
- Attempt to stand on your head.
- Sing a song in front of people.
- Hop around to each person at the party saying, "I'm cupid, and I will help you find love".
- Do 3 consecutive cartwheels.
- Lead everyone in the chant, "We want food"!
Valentine's Day Party Favors
You'll want to have fun prizes to pass out for your Truth or Dare party. I would get pink beads to pass out to people who answer a truth question. For those who go for a dare, I really love these red LED sunglasses. Definitely something they can wear throughout the evening!
Before your guests head out the door, make sure to send them home with one of these personalized favors:personalized Valentine's Day party favor bags to make it easy.
Happy Valentine's Day from everyone her at Party411.com. Have a great time…We dare you!