Quick Valentines Day Decorating Ideas
Whether you're having a party, just decorating your kid's school room or wanting some décor for your office or home, here are some quick ideas from The Party Girl!
Valentine's Day Balloons and other decorations
Decorating with balloons is an easy and economical option. Here are a few tips for decorating with balloons:
- You should group balloons in odd numbered bunches for the best effect.
- Put them anywhere and everywhere! The corners of tables, hanging down from light fixtures, outside on your mailbox, or on tables for centerpieces.
- Use coordinating and colorful ribbon on the balloons, and curl the ends by pulling the ribbon between your thumb and the blade of scissors.
- If you plan to fill the balloons with helium, you should wait until the day of the party so they look their best.
- Remember, helium balloons do not do well in heat, so keep helium filled balloons away from heating vents.
You'll get just as good an effect from balloons as you would from a dozen roses for a lot lot less!
Valentine's Day Table Decorations
- Ever thought of using plush Valentine's animals for centerpieces and not just gifts for kids? It's a great thing to do if you're having a fundraiser or a big event. Afterward, donate them to a local children's hospital or orphanage.
- A personalized Valentine's Day water bottle at each place setting is a nice touch.
- Scatter red party beads across your tables. They perfect table decorations and guests can pick up a few strands to wear during your party!
- Pile white, pink and red feather boas as centerpieces and trail them along your buffet. They're fantastic filler and double as party wearables.
- Go with roses for a classic Valentine's Day look! Then scatter rose petals around the base of each centerpiece.
- I Got You Babe - Sonny and Cher
- (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin
- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
- Love Potion No. 9 - The Searchers
- (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher and Higher - Rita Coolidge
- The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss) - Betty Everett
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby - Barry White
- Hooked on a Feeling - BJ Thomas
- Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley
- She's a Lady - Tom Jones
- As Long As You Love Me - Backstreet Boys
- I Can’t Stop Loving You - Ray Charles
- Endless Love - Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
- You're Still the One - Shania Twain
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
Valentine's Day Gifts and Favors
- Valentine's Day Mint Tins - Fill this tin with Red Hots, heart-shaped mints, or conversation hearts. It's easy to personalize!
- Valentine's Day Candy Bar Wrapper - Who doesn't love chocolate on Valentine's Day? Personalize your candy bars with a message to your friends.
- Red Party Buckets - Decorate them at home and then fill them with chocolate foil hearts, red M&Ms, red hots and more! Tie off with heart ribbon and you have the perfect gift!