Easy Valentine's Day Ideas : Affair of the Heart
Send Your Valentine's Day Invitation
- Personalize Your Party! Send out a personalized Candy Heart Invitation along with a small bag of conversation heart candy so your guests realize this party will be SWEET!
Creative wording can really make an invitation stand out. Here are a few examples of fun Valentine's Day Invitation Wording:
- We're having a party in honor of Cupid! Join us for a Valentine's Day Brunch
- Come have a sweet time at our Valentine's Day Party!
- You and your Sweetheart are invited to a Valentine's Day Dinner Party
- Love is so sweet! Join us for Dessert and Coffee to celebrate Valentine’s Day
- Join us for a Valentine's Day Party where you can eat and drink to your heart's content
- You'll break our hearts if you don't RSVP by February 1st
Decorate Your Home with Hearts
- Welcome guests with a fun party favor... a red carnation or light up rose for the ladies is always nice.
- Buy several packs of those cheesy Valentines that kids swap in class. Use a hole punch and some red ribbon to make a garland. It will look festive hanging over the party entrance or above the buffet.
- Conversation hearts make great confetti, so scatter them on top of your tables!
- Simple heart cutouts make cute wall decorations. Cut out a few X's and O's too, because hugs and kisses go perfectly with hearts.
- Red and white heart shaped doilies are available at almost any craft store. They would look very cute on the walls, too.
- Red roses are perfect for Valentine's Day but they are so pricey at this time of year! Fluffy carnations make great substitutes, and they'll look great paired with red fluffy decorations hanging from the ceiling.
- Personalize Your Party! Place a personalized life-sized "Love Struck" Cutout with your face or that of your special someone with a speech bubble sending hugs and kisses to all.
Set Your Table
- Use Valentine's Day Paper Goods for dinner and dessert plates, cups, table covers and red plasticware instead of washing silverware (of course).
- Fluff the napkins and pull them through a red glow bracelet, plastic beads, or red curling ribbon as a napkin ring!
- At each place, instead of a placemat, put a large red or pink construction paper heart.
- Personalize Your Party! Instead of a plate of candy, put a Personalized Valentine’s Day Candy Bar at each place.
Serve a Valentine's Day Themed Menu
You can use heart shaped cookie cutters to make regular foods into perfect Valentine's Day treats! Get big and small sizes and use them to make these yummy foods for your guests -
- Use a small heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out fruit for a lovely fruit salad.
- Grilled Cheese Hearts with Tomato Soup
- Heart Shaped Panini
If you don't have a heart shaped cookie cutter available try one of these perfect Valentine's Day menu items -
- Make your Own Pizza Bar with Mini Heart Shaped Pizza crusts
- Heart Shaped Sushi
Serve a dessert that has red in it to fit with your theme. Here are our favorites -
- Red Velvet Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Red Raspberry Mousse
- Sugar Cookies with pink and red sprinkles/M&Ms
- Cherry Pie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
We also love the idea of a Valentine's Day Brunch/Brinner (breakfast for dinner)
Heart Shaped Pancakes
Valentine's Theme doughnuts
- Fruit (chocolate covered strawberries, heart shaped fruit salad)
Decorate the Bar and Light Up the Drinks
- Red Glow Bracelets for one and all!
- Put a heart platter at the bar and throw in some heart shaped chocolate candies.
- Cover tables with Red and Pink Boas.
- Trim your buffet tables and bar with Pink Beads - cheap and easy using straight pins!
Plan Valentine's Day Activities
Three words - Valentine's Day Karaoke! There are no shortage of songs about love. Here are a some fun ones to sing along to -
- I Got You Babe - Sonny and Cher
- (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin
- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
- Love Potion No. 9 - The Searchers
- (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher and Higher - Rita Coolidge
- The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss) - Betty Everett
- I Say a Little Prayer - Dionne Warwick
- Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby - Barry White
- Hooked on a Feeling - BJ Thomas
- Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley
- She's a Lady - Tom Jones
- As Long As You Love Me - Backstreet Boys
- White Wedding, Pt. 1 - Billy Idol
- Only Wanna Be with You - Hootie and the Blowfish
- You're Still the One - Shania Twain
Single on Valentine's Day? Sing one of these -
- You Give Love A Bad Name - Bon Jovi
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" - Beyonce
- You're So Vain - Carly Simon
- No Scrubs" - TLC
- These Boots Are Made for Walkin' - Loretta Lynn
- I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
Play a Valentine's Day party game. Here is one of our favorites (so easy!)
"Love Is... Valentine's Day Poem Game"
Write 25 romantic or sexy words on index cards, such as throbbing, lips, passion, candlelight, roses, chocolate, and so on. On another 25 index cards write some non-romantic images, such as ironing board, wallpaper paste, bikini wax, nose hair, motor oil, and so on. Stack the two piles separately, and distribute paper and pencil. Have each player draw a card from each pile. When everyone has 2 cards, ask them to write a silly love poem using the two words or phrases they have drawn. For example: "Roses are red, they make me hot! Your eyes are sexy, your nose hairs are not!" Have them read their poems aloud one at a time.
Check out more Games for Couple Parties!
Hand Out Favors to Say "Thanks for coming!"
Pass out fun favors to all of your guests. You hand out favors at the end of the party, but these treats are so fun that I would pass them out at the start for everyone to enjoy! Make it extra special and throw them in these personalized Valentine's Day Favor Bags.
- Pink Moustaches
- Heart shaped candy and cute bracelets for the kids
- Pink Sixlets Candy
- Foil Gold Bar Favor Boxes filled with candy or small toys
- Check out our custom Valentine's Day Lollipops for a unique party favor!
All of this makes One Great Affair of the Heart Valentine's Day Party!