White New Year's Eve Theme Party
Everyone dreams of a white Christmas, but snow on New Year's Eve is just as beautiful. Take your cues from the snowy landscape and have a White New Year's Eve theme party this year. Using a color as a party theme makes planning easy. Decorations and party supplies in white (with touches of silver and light blue) will make a breathtaking backdrop for your New Year's Party.
white New Year's Party Invitations
Sending a unique invitation is important because many of your guests will be receiving multiple invitations to New Year's parties, so you need to convey that yours is the party that can't be missed! We love these personalized ticket invitations (go with the gray or blue). You can even opt for magnet backers or even a pouch and lanyard!
Party411.com has personalized Winter Wonderland invitations that you can customize with your New Year's party info. To make it extra special you can include a little iridescent snow in the envelope for some winter sparkle.
Add a line on your invite that says "White attire is encouraged", and your guests will arrive perfectly coordinated to the decorations. It will be fabulous!
New Year's Decorations and Party Supplies
Welcome your guests by lining your driveway or sidewalk with candles in the snow to create an elegant glowing path. You can use milk jugs with the top half cut off, weighted with sand. Decorate the outside of the house or venue with white twinkling lights and a personalized snowflake banner.
As your guests walk into the party room, wow them with your white winter decorations. Here are a few quick tips to creating your white New Year's Eve wonderland:
- Create balloon bouquets from white, silver and light blue balloons. Throw in a few snowflake balloons in each bunch for variety. These can go around the room, near doorways, or on tables.
- White votive candles are your best friend. Buy them in bulk and use them to decorate the side tables, mantle, windowsills and buffet.
- Make is seem like it is snowing inside. Paper snowflakes suspended from fishing line that is attached to the ceiling will do the trick. Or go with silver swirls and a few snowflake ceiling decorations.
- Fill a few vases with large bunches of babies breath. It's economical and looks like little snowflakes.
- Continue the white twinkling lights inside as well. Take all of the decorations off your Christmas tree and cover it in white lights and tinsel. Bonus points if you set up a white tree! I've also seen white lights heaped along the back of a buffet table as backlighting, and it looked wonderful!
Just stick to your color scheme of white, silver and light blue and the effect will be breathtaking!
white new year's Menu and Table Decorations
Whether you are hosting an elegant sit down dinner or a fun buffet, there are a few things you can do with your tables and food to tie in your white theme.
- Think silver and white (or at least off-white) when you create your menu; oysters, chicken fettuccini alfredo, clam chowder, pork tenderloin, caramelized pearl onions, white chocolate fondue, white frosted sugar cookies, crème brule, brie cheese, ect. Check out the grocery store for more options.
- Cover the tables with white linens and sprinkle the tops of the table with iridescent snow.
- If your having a sit down dinner, break out the white china. Snowflake paper goods are perfect for a buffet or more casual affair.
- Instead of having centerpieces, hang white lanterns from the ceiling above the table or buffet. It's different, easy and dramatic!
- Or go with this amazing wintry balloon tree centerpiece.
- These eye-catching led cube lights will glow on your buffet and bar. Stack them on either end with white balloon bouquets.
- LED votive candles would glow around a white flower centerpiece or balloon bouquet. Plus, they're reusable!
- Can you afford to splurge? Get an ice sculpture for the buffet or bar. Wow!
- Raw bar with oysters
- Cheese and crackers (white cheeses of course)
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- White pizza
- White chocolate fondue
- Cupcakes with white icing
- White chocolate pretzels
The last thing you need to consider are the drinks. You don't have to have an open bar; having a few special selections for people to choose from is fine. Here are some "white" options:
- Champagne - This is a must! If you can't afford to serve it all night save it for a toast right before the clock strikes twelve!
- Signature Cocktail - A few good ones come to mind; White Russian, Eggnog Martini, White Cosmopolitan, Mojitos, and White Sangria. Pick your favorite and serve with fun glow accessories, like white LED ice cubes and glow straws.
- Non-Alcoholic - Make sure you have a variety for those choosing not to imbibe. Go with clear sodas, carbonated grape juice and some nice bottled water with a personalized winter theme label. You can also do virgin versions of your cocktails!
- Something Warm - Nothing is better than a hot drink on a winter night. White hot chocolate, white green tea, and warm eggnog will hit the spot.
Pick up some silver swizzle sticks and skewer mini marshmallows on toothpicks for a fun garnish.
white new year's activities
As the New Year approaches, pass out champagne for toasting and silver horns for celebrating. Try one or more of these ideas to surprise your guests, too:
- If you have a large enough space, why don't you do a star balloon drop at midnight? Add some white pearl balloons of course!
- Open up a dance floor for guests to boogie down! Make sure to play some classic New Year's tunes like What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? by The Orioles, After New Year's Eve by The Heartbeats, and Auld Lang Syne by Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians.
- If you have kids attending your event, have them decorate their own snowflake cookies. Provide white frosting and bunches of toppings, like blue sprinkles and white and blue M&Ms.
white new years Party Favors
As the night winds down, send your guests home with something sweet to remember the party by, like a personalized candy bar or a fun winter themed mint or candy tin that matches the rest of your decorations perfectly!
- Silver Hershey's kisses are an easy favor! Just pop a few in each bag. It's perfect for a white New Year's Eve.
- Bundle a few sparklers together with white ribbon and add a book of matches. Guests will enjoy lighting them to celebrate a snowy New Year's Eve!
- A few fortune cookies are an inexpensive and fun favor that guests will love.