some of party girl's favorites...
personalized jukebox theme invitation
personalized semi-custom sock hop invitation
new year's eve party kits
Rock Around the Clock: A Fabulous 50s New Years Eve Party
50's New Years Rock n Roll Invitations
Send your guests a fun and colorful personalized Juke Box invitation from Party411.com. Or choose one of our many New Year's Eve party invitations. You can always try one of these unique options, too:
- If you're feeling creative, design your own 45s, and make each invitation a different song from the 1950s. On the front of the record, write all of the party information using a silver paint pen. Send or hand deliver to your guests.
- If you can track down real 45s or have them in your basement still, make custom labels to stick over the existing label. Mimic word placement and language.
- Plastic records make the perfect invitation, too. Use a permanent silver or gold metallic marker to write all of the party details on the record.
- Ticket Invitations are a popular choice. Invite your guests to celebrate the new year at a 50s concert extravaganza!
- Go all out with a custom sock hop caricature invitation!
- Add some rock n' roll confetti to your envelope to surprise your guests!
Try some 50s themed wording on your invite as well:
Countdown to a rockin' New YearAt Jason and Natalie's!Shake, Rattle, and RollAt Aaron and Karen's New Year's Party!Join Alex and Sarah for aRockin' New Year's!
If you really want to make things festive, ask your guests to dress in their favorite 50s gear, whether leather coats and blue jeans, poodle skirts, cinch belts and saddle shoes, or bowling shirts and capri pants. Of course you will be wearing a 50s poodle skirt or Greaser jacket to compliment your look.
Rock n Roll New Years Decorations and Party Supplies
Welcome guests with music from the 1950s in the background to get the party started. You know, Fabian, Frankie Avalon, Dion, Bobby Darrin, the Platters, the Del Vikings - can you hear it now?
Greet your guests with candy cigarettes and lifesize cutouts of the host or hostess dressed as Elvis or wearing a poodle skirt! Include a speech bubble saying, "Thanks for Rockin' Around The Clock til 2014!"
Set the mood (and fill a wall) with fun 50s theme rock and roll decorations and a mix of New Years decorations. Hang decor from the walls and ceilings for a truly fesitve mood. Here are some great items:
Table Decorations and menu
Try a few of these colorful centerpiece and table decor ideas to make your party pop:
- The New Year clock hat has a clock that lights up and is perfect for your rock around the clock theme. Poke a small hole in the top and put a balloon weight inside the hat and add music note balloons coming out of the hat. Colorful beads make great napkin rings! Use plastic records as chargers under each place instead of a plate!
- Mini chocolate records are a tasty way to decorate the table around each centerpiece. If you only have one table to decorate, make a collage of blow-up instruments. Set them up like a band about to play. Tie balloons off the base in bright colors. Bobby sox should be at every seat in multiple colors for people to wear while they dance!
- Another fun way to decorate the center of the table is to rent a mini jukebox. Place it in the middle of the table, and let the guests choose their own music.
If you're using paper goods for this party, choose a fun rock and roll theme design. Here are some fun paper good and other items to add to your tables:
- Jukebox paper goods. Very 50s!
- Decorate bars with black table skirts and 50s confetti. Add a 50s cascade centerpiece to finish off the look!
- Make your table decorations easy with a 50s centerpiece kit. It comes with three centerpieces and confetti pieces!
- Hang rock & roll dangles or red star stringer decorations from tables and bars as well.
For drinks, in addition to the soda shop favorites, serve Manhattans, Grasshoppers and Martinis, too.
Rock Around The Clock New Years Activities
You'll want to count down to midnight using fun and colorful New Year's party supplies. Go for traditional a traditional New Year's Party Kit. It comes with hats, noisemakers, and more! Everything you need for a perfect party!
Here are some other fun favors that will help you ring in the New Year:
- Inflatable Guitars
- Metallic horns - any noisemaker will work, but these scream "New Year's!"
Polka Dot 50s Glasses
- Guitar Beads - mix in some colorful party beads as well!
- It wouldn't be a 50s party without checkers, Mr. Potato Head®, Parcheesi, and dancing. Have a game competition or dancing contest. Music is a great social activator!
- Set up a photobooth with a fun Elvis photo op. Add other props like guitar glasses and feather boas for family and friends to pose with.
- Family and friends will love breaking open a jukebox pinata!
- Have a lip sync contest using all of your Rock & Roll favorites from the 50s. Make sure to swivel your hips if you sing a song by "Elvis the Pelvis!"
- The hula-hoop is a 1950's favorite. Make sure to have more than one hoop handy so the guests can compete to see who can hula for the longest time.
A Rock Around the Clock New Year's party gives you the best chance for some creative and fun 50s theme party favors and prizes. How about some comic books? Try a few of these fun options, too:
- Rainbow slinkies, paddleballs, and jacks toy sets not only fit the theme, but give your guests something to play with immediately. My personal favorite is a yo-yo. Everyone will have fun "walking the dog" or going "over the falls."
- Mr. Potato Head is another favor/game that will have your guests laughing and bring back some great memories.
- Send your guests home with a yummy treat as well. Personalized candy bars are a sweet way to thank them for attending. All the Daddy-Os and Hip Cats will think your party is the Bomb!
- Don't forget favor bags! Check out these custom New Year's Eve favor bags. They are perfect for candy buffets, small treats and even your 50's style toys.
Have a rockin' New Year from everyone here at Party411.com!