Easy New Year's Eve Party
If you're looking for a fun and funky New Years Eve celebration, we've got just what you're looking for. Here’s a New Year's Eve party that's fun, easy to plan and perfect for 2016!
Send Your New Year's Invitation
Personalize Your Party! Party411.com has a great personalized New Year's Invitation. Our whimsical Ticket Invitations are also great fun.
Creative wording can really make an invitation stand out. Here are a few examples of New Year's Eve Party Invitation Wording -
- Ring in 2016 at Sam and Kathleen's New Year's Eve Party!
- Join us as we count down to 2016!
- Celebrate the New Year with the things you love best... cocktails, desserts and good friends!
- The music will be rocking, the champagne flowing, we just need you to get our party going!
- Let's pop the cork and celebrate the New Year together
Balloons - The best bang for your buck. Make bouquets with an odd number of balloons (it looks better) and use noisemakers as balloon weights!
Ceiling Decorations - I think these are fantastic. They can really liven up any boring space.
Lights - Reuse these from Christmas if you have them.
Custom New Year's Banner - Personalized with your own wording! Hang one on the wall above the buffet or over the entrance welcoming everyone. This is a great decoration you can use year after year!
Paper chain garlands or streamers - Simple but effective. I love the classic look paper chain, but if making one will take up too much of your time brightly colored crepe paper is almost as good!
Confetti - Sprinkle confetti on the tops of the tables to bring a bit of sparkle to the party. You can even add a little to the invitations. Put some in latex balloons before you inflate them, and you can pop them throughout the night for a festive burst of fun! (use a type without sharp corners, like the tissue or dots)
New Year's Eve Easy Menu Ideas and Table Decorations
Don't make your menu complicated and fussy. The theme of this party is easy, right? Here are a few menus that are simple and tasty:
- Desserts - This is an excellent way to go. Almost everything can be made ahead or purchased. And chocolate goes great with champagne! Cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, chocolate covered strawberries, pastries and even a chocolate fountain are easy and tasty ideas.
- Appetizers - Focus on dishes that can be made ahead and popped in the oven, or things that can be set out, such as cheese trays, dips and snack mixes.
- Breakfast - Mimosas! I love breakfast late at night and so will your guests. Set out a waffle bar with toppings, baked french toast, cheesy potato bakes and fresh fruit... yummy!
- Comfort Food - Another crowd favorite. A few ideas - macaroni and cheese, fried chicken, soup (tomato or chicken), pizza, apple pie, chocolate chip cookies w/milk, and hot chocolate :)
- Start with the New Years Paper Goods. Festive and easy to clean up.
- Create a backdrop for behind your buffet to give that all important area some pizazz. You can use a simple Happy New Year's Banner, a scene setter, balloons, or some string lights.
- Centerpieces can be overturned New Years top hats filled with party favors (think noisemakers, beads, glow jewelry).
- Sprinkle some confetti around your centerpiece and have some confetti poppers in easy reach, and you’ll have an attractive and fun tabletop.
- Colorful party beads make perfect napkin rings...and favors!
- Mix classic martinis and serve in Light Up Martini Glasses.
- LED ice cubes will make any drink glow.
- Don't forget Champagne Glasses for a New Year's toast.
Arrange for Fun New Year's Eve Activities
Keep everyone entertained with a few New Year's activities that are easy to set up and run:
- Make sure to pass out plenty of noisemakers so everyone can celebrate at midnight. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Karaoke is another great activity for a New Year's Eve party. Buy, rent or borrow a karaoke machine and serve a up a list of year end appropriate songs for your guests to sing -
- 1999 - Prince
- Stayin' Alive - The Bee Gees
- Celebration - Kool & The Gang
- It's The End Of The World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine) - R.E.M.
- Don't Stop (Thinking About Tomorrow) - Fleetwood Mac
- Reelin' In the Years - Steely Dan
- Rock Around the Clock - Bill Haley and His Comets
- A Balloon Drop is a must for a New Year's party. Or balloons filled with confetti that can popped at midnight. A great sight and perfect for pictures!
- Don't forget a fun New Year's photo op. Guests will be snapping picks with these stand ups all night.
At midnight, of course, do a major thing. How about a dessert presentation with sparklers and the works?!
Send your guests home with something to remember the evening by:
- Your guests will be going home with all of their New Years wearables, but why not send them home with one more gift? Party411.com has Personalized Champagne Bottle Labels that can be put on a champagne gift.
- Guests will love snacking on a personalized New Year's candy bar.
- Don't forget the favor bags! Check out these custom New Year's Eve favor bags.
Enjoy planning your easy New Year's party, and save a glass of champagne for the Party Girl!