Easter Party Games
Just Add Guests™!
These Easter party games can also work for any spring party.
Olympic Easter Egg Hunt
You could host a good old-fashioned Easter Egg Hunt but why not make it a little different this year and host an Olympic Easter Egg Hunt.
- Giant Plastic Easter eggs
- Small Plastic Eggs
- Dollar Bills
- Gold Coins
- Jelly Beans
- Bunny Costume
- Pink Felt
- Poster Board
- Since, this is modeled after the Olympics the prizes can be awarded by Golden Egg, Silver Egg, and Bronze Egg champions. Everyone has to qualify for the final grand prize competition. The first hunt uses the giant Easter eggs. Scatter them around the yard and inside and everyone has 15 minutes to collect as many eggs as they can. Whoever comes in first, second and third places, receives the prizes in those eggs and gets one point each.
- The next leg of the Olympic Easter Egg Hunt is a bunny hop competition where guests have to hop from one giant egg to another to qualify. Think about having at least one person (the host or hostess!) in a bunny costume or at least a bunny nose and ears. The guests who come in first, second and third places gets one point each and receives a prize.
- After that, divide your guests into groups and let them each build a bunny. Hand out enough markers, scissors pieces of poster board, felt bunny ears-you can make these by cutting pieces of pink felt purchased at a craft store-and any other bunny type attire. Each guest has to make a bunny out of the provided materials. Which every group finishes building a bunny in the least amount of time and actually makes something that resembles a bunny, wins the points and prize.
- The finale: Pass out an Easter basket to each of the highest scoring winners. Hide the eggs anywhere and everywhere. Then on your marks get set go everyone scrambles to find the eggs. The three winners get prizes awarded in gold, silver, and bronze. Everyone else gets to keep his or her prizes found in the plastic eggs.
Pass the Orange
This fun-filled game is inexpensive and simple.
- 2 Oranges (1 orange or apple) per couple
- Neck & Chins
- The only things required are two oranges and people with both a neck and a chin.
- Divide the group into two teams.
- The person not playing the game says, "Go!"
- Then everyone must pass the orange from neck to neck-using only chins and necks. The team that gets the orange to the last neck in line the quickest without dropping the orange wins.
- Limbo Stick
- Play some fun music while your friends stand in line waiting to bend backwards low enough to fit under the limbo stick, broom handle, yardstick, etc.
- The person who gets low enough without touching the floor wins. If someone falls they are disqualified.
- Hang nails into trees or use the tree limbs to hang the buckets.
- Toss Frisbees into buckets that hang from the trees.
- Move from bucket to bucket trying to sink the Frisbee just as golfers move from hole to hole.
- The person who gets in the most times wins.
- Plastic Bottles
- Water Guns
- These are all simple games you can play with the above item.
- Set up "Knock down the Bottles", "Shoot at the Target With a Water Gun", "Pie in the Face", "Toss the Coin on a Plate", "Pie Eating Contest", and "Ring Around the Bottles" in random areas throughout the party.
- Then invite guests to start at a starting point and play all of the games. The person who wins the most games wins.
Water War Without Guns
- 2 Big Buckets of Water
- Spray Bottles
- Turkey Basters
- Water Balloons
- Garden Hose
- Giant Sponges
- Set up the game area with all of the water instruments and the big buckets of water.
- Divide guests into two teams and assign a Referee.
- When the Referee says, “GO!” everyone dashes to fill up his or her weapons. Using everything from giant sponges and spray bottles to turkey basters, cups, water balloons, and a garden hose to soak the members of the opposing "team".
- Then once everyone is back to their home team side, the Referee counts to three and everyone starts flinging water at each other.
- The winning team is the one that doesn’t give up and surrender to the other.
- Kiddy Pool
- Permanent Felt-Tip Marker
- Draw flowers on the bottom of the kiddy pool using the marker.
- Fill the kiddy pool with water.
- Guests sit on the outside of the pool.
- Give each person a smooth stone. Let them draw "eyes" on the stone with a permanent marker to turn the stone into a "frog".
- Then each person tosses the frogs into the pool. If the frog lands on a flower then they win a prize.
- Just Add Guests!™
- Have a Crazy Olympics party and let the guests play silly games, such as the Backwards Crab Walk, Blind (folded) Leapfrog, Impossible Obstacle Course, and Frisbee Golf etc. Add a few ridiculous relay races for extra fun (pass the eggs, carry cotton on a spoon, one-legged race, and so on). Guests can also play Silly Sports. For example, they can golf with their feet instead of a golf club, or play baseball with a broom instead of a bat. They can even run the bases backwards.
- To organize the Olympics set up any of the games above throughout the yard.
- Gather guests and put them into teams of four.
- Set up a starting and ending point.
- Then when the Referee says, “Go!” each team performs each of the tasks. The team that comes in first wins.
- Barbeque Gift Basket with All of The Fixings
- Easter Eggs Filled with Candy and Coins
- Carnival Gifts: Giant Stuffed Animals, Cotton Candy, Candy Apples, Toys
- Flower Pots & Seeds