End of the World Party Section Header
End of the World Party Content Image
12/21/2012 End of the World PartyCelebrate the end of the world with a BANG! Unless you're living under a rock, you may have heard the theory that the Mayans predicted the world will end on 12/21/2012. Which is thankfully a Friday, so it's the perfect day for flooding, earthquakes, and an End of the World Party!
Come and party like there is no to-maya!The world will (maybe) end on 12/21/2012, and we want you to be here celebrating with us!Join us for food, drinks and some last day on earth revelry.
Please bring a few non perishable food items (if the world for some reason does not end, they will be donated to the local food bank)
- Take cardboard and make fake wood boards. Hang them across your windows to barricade yourselves in.
- Fake barbed wire is a great garland or table decoration.
- Is it just me, or is everyone hoping for some Zombies in this apocalypse? Add a Zombie Mob scene setter or Zombie Attack View to your wall (this also makes a great photo op)
- Get out the camping lanterns and flashlights and turn off the lights
- Also fun - Camo Pennant Banners
- Use Party Like There's No To-Maya paper goods. No one wants to be doing dishes in the end of times.
- A personalized 12/21/2012 party banner can be used over the buffet (and everyone will know where to find the food- which is always important!)
- Skirt the buffet table with a raffia table skirt.
- Have fun with your centerpiece... science project time! Build a paper mache volcano and have it erupt during the party.
Serve food your guests will enjoy. Don't worry about health... it doesn't matter now anyway! To stay in theme you can give the dishes names based on the theories of what will finally be the end of us. Here are a few ideas:
- Black Hole Bean Dip
- Hot Asteroid Artichoke Dip
- Nibiru Nibbles Veggie Platter
- Pole Shift Pigs in a Blanket
- Galactic Alignment Antipasto
- Supernova Spinach Dip
Have fun with your drinks! Here are three that we think are perfect for the End of the World:
This is a multi-user group drink that should be served with very long straws!
Combine all ingredients with 2 scoops of crushed ice in a blender, blend briefly, then pour into the "volcano bowl". Pour some rum into the central crater of the volcano bowl and light it. For garnish score pineapple or orange slices with a knife and insert onto rim of bowl; optionally add maraschino cherries.
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 ounce rum
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces almond syrup
In a wine goblet mix:
- 3 parts Absinthe
- 3 parts Cognac
1 oz. vodka
1/4 oz. grenadine syrup
1 oz. gin
1 oz. light rum
1/2 oz. Bacardi® 151 rum
1 oz. amaretto almond liqueur
1 oz. triple sec
1/4 cup grapefruit juice
1/4 cup pineapple juice
Pour all but the juices, in order listed, into a hurricane glass three-quarters filled with ice. Fill with equal parts of grapefruit and pineapple juice, and serve.
- Mad Max, Mad Max Rod Warrior or Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome
- Independence Day
- The Day After Tomorrow
- 28 Days Later
- Day of the Triffids
- Reign of Fire
- The Terminator (or Terminator 2)
- The Last Man on Earth or the more current I am Legend
- Night of the Living Dead
- "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" R.E.M.
- 'The End' The Doors
- '1999' Prince
- 'London Calling' The Clash
- 'Bad Moon Rising' Creedence Clearwater Revival
- 'The Man Comes Around' Johnny Cash
- 'Black Hole Sun' Soundgarden
- 'Don't Fear the Reaper' Blue Oyster Cult
- Freeze dried camping food
- Fresh water (with a personalized water label)... because the little details count in the end of times.
- Water purifying tablets (for when the bottle runs dry).
- A compass... because that moss and tree thing doesn't work. Seriously, it's a myth.
- A personalized End of the World themed candy bar is the perfect favor. They will need those calories.
- Small first aid kit