Charity at Christmas
- Shop for Personalized Christmas Invitations and Favors
- Christmas Party Supplies
- Shop Christmas Props
- Christmas Party Games
Christmas Parties to Support CharityYou are probably wondering what you can do for others this Christmas. Then again, maybe you aren't, but maybe you should. Understand? I guess what I'm saying is that you'll feel better, I'll feel better, the world will be a better place--if we give a little this Christmas. Here are some ideas:
1. If you have a party, have everyone bring something. Theme it to the charity in question:
- a coat for Coats for Kids (bring gently worn coats)
- canned goods (for a nearby homeless shelter)
- clothing (also for shelters)
- toys for Toys for Tots
2. If you want to make your party into a field trip, think about:
- serving dinner Christmas day at a shelter
- renting a bus and going from hospital to hospital with toys for the children who are ill
- delivering turkeys to the elderly and less fortunate for a local charity (check out your city site for ways to do this)
- traveling to nursing homes as a group and caroling
3. If you want your party to include an activity that will help others, try...
- making up gift baskets for nursing homes filled with notions like combs, toothbrushes, nice smelling soaps, and more.
- making up gift baskets for those in the hospital similar to the above
- making up toy gift bags (filled with stocking stuffers) for kids at a local orphanage
Obviously, these are just a few of the things you can do. If you have other ideas, send them to the Party Girl and we'll post them!
You'll be helping others, and bringing a smile to your face and theirs. It's well worth it, don't you think? - The Party Girl